Grenades couldnt take out a HT

I have a little beef with something i havent expierenced before since i rarely play with HTs. I had an American Rifle 44 squad less than 10m away and they threw nade after nade only to do nuthing. Now shouldnt a nad have knocked off a track, or maybe landed inside?

I believe that the flying dots you see in the movie aren't supposed to be individual grenades being thrown but rather they simply represent the infantry attack on the halftrack.

[ June 04, 2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Toad ]

I once saw a platoon of German motorized inf. standing on top of my Sherman for 5 minutes untill it blew up! They only had grenades at that point! It was great.

Also, I've never knocked out a HT with grenades. I once got the remnrants of a company stuck under some 8 HT's that rolled over them. A weird situation and it made me quite sad, some 7 surviving platoons of inf. in C&C were unable to destroy any. They fired and lobbed and after all was lost, ran.

Originally posted by Ligur:

I once saw a platoon of German motorized inf. standing on top of my Sherman for 5 minutes untill it blew up! They only had grenades at that point! It was great.

Also, I've never knocked out a HT with grenades. I once got the remnrants of a company stuck under some 8 HT's that rolled over them. A weird situation and it made me quite sad, some 7 surviving platoons of inf. in C&C were unable to destroy any. They fired and lobbed and after all was lost, ran.

you would think with how many men is just in a platoon, that if you had more than 2 platoons you should be able to takat least 1 HT out.