Request to scenario designers

Can i make a small simple request to all you great scenario designers out there. I, and i'm sure many others like to fight there battles/ops in chronological order and/or pick battles based on their date or time period.

Would it be possible to standardise them by way of putting the date at the front of the description in the 'battles' selection screen as per the stock CMBB battles, ie "41-10-06 Typhoon battles.....blah blah". This would make life alot easier, rather than, as in CMBO, where you have to open a dozen or more scenarios to find the one you want, as the titles are not always 'all-telling'.

Thanks in advance. Hope you guys agree.

I see no problem with that, but it would also be helpful to then add H for historical or F for Fictional and qualify it (for us with learner plates) as Easy, Moderate or Difficult. I know that latter can be subjective and may depend on which side you play but it would be very helpful.

PS I have a beginners scenario which I am just about to launch complete with a walkthrough that will be available on my website - where should it be posted? Scenario Depot?

I don't like giving up too much precius marketing space. I think date is important (I prefer using Month and a 2 digit year) but I don't want to make the subject line all informational. You can get most everything out of the heading of the next briefing anyhow, and space is very limited.

WWB

This is what I've been doing with my GD scenarios at the Depot. The only drawback is that the long titles don't fit on the scenario selection screen.

The following format will keep the scenarios in order

YYMMDD where YY is the last two digits of the year, MM is the month (with a 0 used as a placeholder in 1 digit numbers) and DD is the day.

Look at the scenarios that came on the CD. We used the format:

Month, Region, Description, Points, Historical

Month as YY-MM-DD, Region such as South, Description of the Battle, Points, then either blank if semi-historical [The majority of battles], Fictional, Historical, or Tutorial.

On all the scenarios I have made since, I still use the same format. Other authors can feel free to do what they like, but I think this is a gooc compromise.

Rune

[ November 19, 2002, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: rune ]