"Jabos!" scenario

Good morning all,

I am about to be done playing the "Jabos!" scenario as German (to be on the recieving end of the air strikes). I gave the AI +25% to get a fair fight; and a bloody "fair fight" I had.

Spoiler:

Does anyone now the kind and number of Allied air support that was implemented in the scenario?

Those darn planes decimated my first line of defense by taking out all my armors (supported by AAA armored units), including Mark IV and Tiger I. The Inft guns were also wiped out with their supporting inftantry.

The woods (second line of defense)were pounded by air strikes decimating my infantry that was laying in ambush there. a terrifying spectacle!

My first armor column got nailed from the sky as soon as I pressed the GO button. Then I really tried to mount a counter attack with reinforcment, mainly composed of 2 Stugs III, 2 Tigers I, 1 Puma, and 4 HTs. Needless to say, it failed. I tried to keep a fair distance between them (not easy while navigating between wooded areas), but only my Stugs lived long enough to engage the ennemy. The 2 Tigers got brewed up from the sky by heavy bombs (rockets?) leaving no crewmen surviving the ordeal. Then, I clearly realized that I had underestimated the bloody Jabos'destructive power.

I now gave up on the armored counter attack, and rather am attempting a large scale infantry flanking from the East flank. So far, they managed to nail and block an Allied armored column on the single road leading to my positions, using Faust and Flame thrower.

The AI did also suffered heavy armored casualties, partly thanks to the Jabos that kept carpet bombing on the edge of my defensive positions, destroying a couple of AI tanks and infantry support that were attempting a push. I just can't believe the destructive power of those planes. I have more than 7 turns left, and still have hope on regaining the edge by holding to one vl, despite the constant strafing and bombing.

When will those evil flying machines finnaly get away for good?

Any suggestions, feedback? I guessed I got carried away with a post way longer than I first anticipated.

Anyway, thank you for reading, and putting up with my poor English. Long live CM!

Sincerely,

Karl

Jabos is a tough one as Germans. I played it the other night, and was dealt similar punishment to you in the first few turns. If you want to know how many fighters the allies have, open up the file in the scenario editor. You'll be absolutely flaberghasted biggrin.gif

------------------

I only open my mouth to change feet.

sauer.gif

[This message has been edited by krm (edited 09-05-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xyphorus:

krm,

I just checked it out. Oh brother! No wonder they blew up the whole place smile.gif That fits the definition of "total air power". And yet I managed to gun one down.

Were you at least able to keep any armor intact? I was not.

Karl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh-heh biggrin.gif Guys,when I designed and playtested this scenario,I got a victory twice as Germans.Perhaps I've uploaded the wrong version,do you think there are too many jabo's in it,seriously speaking? I value the opinions of the players,so if you think it's warranted,I'll edit and post a new version1 What say ye,matey's cool.gif

Hi Dick,

First of all, thank you for the scenario and the beating and abuse that come with it while playing as Germans smile.gif

Seriously, I think that the scanario is ok, I was just not ready for it I guess. I did enjoy playing it, especially when I realized that only my infantry was able to accomplish anything, since my Panzers kept getting nailed by the Jabos. Those 12 fighters bombers are like the angels of death.

BTW, I also managed a minor victory against the AI, but against a human opponenet I would have been crushed without any doubt.

As I asked before, did you manage to keep any Panzers alive at all?

Ciao,

Karl

Hi Dick,

First of all, thank you for the scenario and the beating and abuse that come with it while playing as Germans smile.gif

Seriously, I think that the scanario is ok, I was just not ready for it I guess. I did enjoy playing it, especially when I realized that only my infantry was able to accomplish anything, since my Panzers kept getting nailed by the Jabos. Those 12 fighters bombers are like the angels of death.

BTW, I also managed a minor victory against the AI, but against a human opponenet I would have been crushed without any doubt.

Ciao,

Karl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Karl,

Glad you enjoyed the scenario.A secret I'll share,as Germans.Set everything to hide until you're ready to use it,which is what it would be doing in real life! biggrin.gif

Dick

Hi Dick,

Ciao,

Karl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yes I lost all my armor too,but I managed to use some of it for a little while biggrin.gif