CMModManager not working under Windows XP?

That stinks! I'm not upgrading until I know XP runs CMBO and the ModManager! Gates better get people working on it.

I also heard, on the news, there's also an upgrade / download (from MS web site) to increase the security. Something about the personal / home XP version being more at risk to being hacked when you're on-line. Don't you just hate bugs! :rolleyes:

Of course, if CMBB doesn't run on my current system I may have no choice but move towards XP. :(

I'm using Windows XP Home edition.

CMMOS works without problem. CM works flawlessly now that the latest beta patch is out for Nvidia cards.

Out of my quite substantial library of game software it is only the Rough Spear games that suffer from an XP related bug (keyboard lag), and that is one that is not limited to XP either I hear as it has been spotted in Win 2000 systems as well.

For my system (home boiled Abit/AMD/Nvidia) XP has been a BIG step forward from Win 98 2ed as far as system stability goes. And things just work out of the box in a way that was not the case with the earlier Windows version. It is just plain a better OS, the large HD footprint with less than top level utilities completely aside.

Most of the "horror" stories I heard last year just don't hold true and all you who are still doubtful can from now on say that you have heard at least one satisfied customer.

M.

P.S.

The fact that I am an ex Win 3.0 / 95 / 98 owner should probably be factored in when considering how easy I am to please though smile.gif

Oopss, sorry guys... don't blame Windows, it was my fault...

I didn't re-install the Mod Manager... Before I upgraded to XP I copied the Mods folder to another drive and then just copied it back to CM folder after I installed XP and CM and thought it would work just fine...

What a rookie mistake redface.gif