No Waffen SS in CDV's boxed version ?

Markus,

no, the law is not unclear (at least not in that respect), and I never said anything that contradicts what you are saying: Notice in above post I expressively cited the SS - runes and swastikas as examples of NS - symbology. Again: symbology is a nono, and the ss-runes with their typical nordic rune - style are such symbology. The simple letters SS as such (like yous ee them here) are letters and not a symbol.
Believe me when I say that I argued with CDV about this at length. However, their point was that it was VERY risky to try this because the law is more vauge than you think it is. There is (somewhere) a clause about not making anything to promote or glorify Nazi deeds or institutions. The more the limits were pushed, the greater the risk of action.

Also, if the German software ratings board (forget the name now) didn't like the looks of the game, they could ban it from retail distribution. Unlike the German government, they make up their own rules about this! No recourse if it happens. CDV would be out hundreds of thousands of dollars and we would be stuck with a product banned inside of Germany. All this to stick two letters (SS) in place of one word? Only a fool would risk so much for so little.

It's just my usual dislike of CDV that prompted my first post, and in my second post I just wanted to make clear it is not a legal issue as regards criminal law. BTS in their wisdom (uh, just noticed, BTS now includes you, too ) already made the game compliant with §86a in its original, non-CDV form.
Technically, yes. But trying to argue with ratings boards and governments about technicalities, while your product is guarded by men with MP5s is another thing ;)

As for CDV... I know of your dislike of them from the past. But I will tell you, they are the only publisher we have ever even thought of dealing with. They have treated us very well and that should count for something.

Do you know if CMBB will sell via CDV from the start, and if that means Waffengrenadiere for everyone, or will there still be an original, different online version which will be §86a - compliant but with correct terms such as W-SS?
As Martin said, anything that CDV doesn't have their names on is "none of their business" smile.gif So we will do as we please with that.

Steve