Screen Resolution in CMBB?

Been having a few problems adapting my new video card / drivers / desk-top resizing / CM screen resolution, and it got me to wondering:

Will the CMBB code be tweaked to where it will now be possible to set the screen resolution you want to run the game at from within the game? This resetting the Windows Desktop to the resolution I want to run CM at, and then back again when I'm done, is getting tiresome...

Correct me if I am wrong but can't you just set your desktop resolution to whatever you want to be your default CM resolution, delete the "Prefs" file and then run CM. This will lock CM to the resolution you are using making it unnecessary to change anything later, unless you for some reason are running CM i different resolutions at different times.

M.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mattias:

Correct me if I am wrong but can't you just set your desktop resolution to whatever you want to be your default CM resolution, delete the "Prefs" file and then run CM. This will lock CM to the resolution you are using making it unnecessary to change anything later, unless you for some reason are running CM i different resolutions at different times.<hr></blockquote>

No. If you change your desktop back to a lower resolution and restart CM, the 3D DirectX Test screen comes back up. For example, I run CM at 1280X960, but my desktop at 1024x768. I have to change my desktop to 1280x960 before I start CM or I am limited to running at 1024x768. It's very annoying.