Probably a stupid question, but...............

one of 2 reasons are possible here. either the mod is in mp3 form and has to be changed to a wav before it will work. or it has a number or letter after it(ie ****_a.wav), and you need to remove the _a after the number of the file...

Hi, and a late welcome. I can see you're enjoying the game and its mods. smile.gif

Could it be that the mod is in MP3 format and you need to convert them to wavs? Check the files or the readme.

Originally posted by athkatla:

Hmmm, just checked, it's definitely a wav file, and has no letter behind the number, it's numbered the same as all other wav files in the folder!

P.S. Somethings just clicked, could it be that I don't have Apple Quick Time installed on my computer?

Originally posted by athkatla:

P.S. Somethings just clicked, could it be that I don't have Apple Quick Time installed on my computer?

No, don't think that that would be a problem. You only need quicktime for the intro movie.

I don't recall off the top of my head exactly how that particular mod is supposed to work, but if it is numbered 00005010 then it is a music file that plays when you launch the game with the intro video turned off. [My music mod works the same way]

I'm sorry I can't be more definitive about that particular piece of music, but because it is modern and not period I didn't pay much attention to it and did not include it in my music mod.

If your system can handle CMMOS you might want to take a look at some of the music that plays in the "Hills are Alive" CMMOS section. And part of the fun is that the icons that get used for the mod come from period posters as well (all except two, actually). You will, however, have to get your hands on a converter to turn the MP3's into .wav files, but those converters really do belong in any modern computer user's hard drive and they are very easy to find and use [just do a search with your favorite search engine for MP3 converter and get one that is free].