Any really extensive woods scenarios out there?

Did a search but didn't see this mentioned.

Most maps with woods seem to go real easy on the woods...for example I haven't seen any maps with six or eight square tiles of woods with no paths, although that would not be unusual for some sections of Germany in WWII, would it? Mostly solid woods would force you to use limited (or no?) vehicles, which would be an interesting situation.

Anyone seen any heavy woods scenarios?

***SPOILER***

Thanks Kingfish. Altho, if that's the one that has lots of Brit troops and vehicles which have to go down a long road (wet conditions off road) and get past roadblocks to get to the other side, I have tried it and it's a great scenario. I was absolutely plastered by the German AI arty which was apparently registered at the roadblocks.

My experiece designing these (I've been working on something with the Lost Battalion (Alamo Regiment 141st?????) in the Vogeus). This is very mountanous terain with few clearings. Unfortunately its not very interesing to play as you just slog forward a couple of meters each turn. You can't go faster as you will walk into an ambush. that was my experience at least.

--Chris

Thanks Von Lucke. Actually that was Louie Marsh, one of our Raiders who did that one. Its a smaller scenario with plenty of heavy woods. It is still available at the Boots N't Tracks site on the Raider Page.

Go to:

http://wbr.thegamers.net

Once there, click on Boots N' Tracks then scroll down till you find the Hurtgen scenario. Its a good one.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com