Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Operation reinforcement setup and unit setup...HELP PLEASE

I'm designing an operation, but I'm having several problems placing the units.

1. When I place the units in different colored zones, they don't stay in the zones when I go back into "preview".

2. When starting the scenario, only "locked" units don't go back into a long line of units at the back of the map.

3. Reinforcements show up as a long line at the back of the map instead of in groups.

I've played scenarios and operations with all the things I'm trying to do, but can't seem to duplicate them.

I've found the "reinforcement post" in the scenario builder, but the operation building is where I'm having all the problems.

Can somone help...?

------------------

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

1. Everytime I make changes and leave preview, when I go back into preview all the units are back in lines again. Very frustrating.

2. The bases aren't changing color to match the zone I've put them in.

3. i've played numerous operations in which the reinforcements show up in groups, not a line of units at the back of the map. Not that this is a huge deal, since you can move them anyway, but when you're dealing with a big map, I would love to know how Wild Bill, for example, has his operations reinforcements show up in groups?

Originally posted by Panzerdude:

1. Everytime I make changes and leave preview, when I go back into preview all the units are back in lines again. Very frustrating.

2. The bases aren't changing color to match the zone I've put them in.

3. i've played numerous operations in which the reinforcements show up in groups, not a line of units at the back of the map. Not that this is a huge deal, since you can move them anyway, but when you're dealing with a big map, I would love to know how Wild Bill, for example, has his operations reinforcements show up in groups?

1.Thats how operations setup works frown.gif

2.They don't chage coler in the builder

3.It depends where on the map your forces are.Once again you can't chose where renforcemnts go in an operation.

Panzerdude, I think I might have the solution for you (or at least one possibility). Is, by chance, the operation map you are trying to do rather large? Larger than 1200m in length at least? If that is the case, check your "battle map" setting in the preferences section. If it is smaller than the total operation map, the units which you are putting on the map would be, at the beginning of the game, "off map" and are therefore automatically bumped to the map edge - with the result that they line up nicely on the edge.

After re-reading your post I am not 100% certain this is what you're seeing, but it might be a clue.

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

Yes, the map is very large, however, I've placed all the initial units within the battle map size. I'm trying to figure out how the operations that came with the game have reinforcements that appear in groups, ie. Caretan, Villers Bocage, etc. instead of a long line at the back of the map.

------------------

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

1.Moon may have found the problem but here is something else I noticed: If you change any of the map edge settings in the preferences section then all of your units will be put back into a line in the preview....

2. ..except locked units, I think.

3. I've never had this problem. I assume this is happening when you're playing the operation because you shouldn't even be seeing your reinforcements on the map in the editor previewer.

You can email the file to me and I'll take a look at it for you.

Jeff