tips needed on testing new maps

It might be easier if you detail where you feel you are having problems,Waffen.

One thing you need to do constantly as a general rule is save consistently. That way you don't lose your work.

The next step is to take a look at some existing scenario maps. See how they are laid out. Compare the 2d view to the 3d view.

Then take one whole day and experiment. Now this you don't need to save. You're just messing around so don't worry about saving.

Don't try to really build a "good" map. Just play with the map editor. Try a lot of things, including varying terrain heights, a very important feature in the game.

Do some things, then go to preview and look at what you did in 3D. How does it look to you? Unrealistic? Go back, change some things, try to improve it.

EVERYONE doing maps as beginners needs at least one day of practice with the map editor before attempting a historical or natural recreation. It is a good exercise.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest Kinch

I second Bill's suggestion.

I sent an entire day drawing the largest

map allowed in CM. I used and played

with all the terrain. The map started at level 1 and went up to 18 in a slow slope.

I learned a lot that night.

- Kevin

PS: I would be happy to exchange maps if you like. email me.

Guest grunto

also play around with 'steep grade' (5 meters) or 'normal grade' (2.5 meters) which is found under 'parameters' in the scenario editor.

andy