LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD FIGHTS AT RD? THEN JOIN OUR RD TEAM!

As Lea has posted earlier, the Rugged Defense Team Ladder is now back up and running! The teams that were no longer in use were disbanded, and now is the time to join the now empty teams!

I am a member of the 'Arizona Desert Rats' team, and we are looking for three more team members. Already it is Eben Bratcher, Seahawk, and myself.

The fun of the Team ladder is that each team has the ability to challange another team, one player of one team playing against another member of the opposing team. The win/tie/loss then counts for the team, the same as it does for the regular RD ladder. The real fun then comes from the fact that you are no longer fighting just for yourself, but you are fighting for and representing your team! There are many possibilities with this type of play, including team Operations! Each game you fight for the team can also count for both the team AND for your individual stats! The pressure then is really on!

You do not have to live in Arizona to join this team. You do however, have to have to desire to play one or two games at a decent pace; and most of all, represent our new team!

If interesting, either email me at FTOALMA@msn.com or post here!

Chad 'Harrison'

BTW, the web link is here

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Looking for the CAPS LOCK key? It's just below the TAB key on the left side on MY computer ... YMMV.

:D

Joe<hr></blockquote>

LoL

thanks for the midnight laugh joe.

i thought i knew all the internet abbreviations, but ymmw is a new one to me. IIRC, i havnt seen that one!

does that mean your going to join Joe? are you up to it? smile.gif

chad

I can see how joining a team would be fun for operations if each member takes a certain role in the operation and there is day to day dialogue with other team members as you are pitted against another team doing the same.

For battles though, I can't see how each member working independently of the other team members can be part of the same team. If you're not working with your team in a game, what good is it? It's like those stupid clans we had for Close Combat. You don't have any regular correspondence with any of these people and it hardly seems like you're on a "team" at all.

Like I said, I can see how this would be fun in operations but with battles, if each team member is in a different game, then it doesn't make sense to be on a team at all.

Just my 2 pesos...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

LoL

thanks for the midnight laugh joe.

i thought i knew all the internet abbreviations, but ymmw is a new one to me. IIRC, i havnt seen that one!

does that mean your going to join Joe? are you up to it? smile.gif

chad<hr></blockquote>Nah! I hate ladders smile.gif Damn things make me care too much about winning and losing and the game stops being fun. I ended up seriously burnt out on two very good games and most of it was due to ladder play ... of course Your Milage May Vary!

Good luck and have fun.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I can see how joining a team would be fun for operations if each member takes a certain role in the operation and there is day to day dialogue with other team members as you are pitted against another team doing the same.

For battles though, I can't see how each member working independently of the other team members can be part of the same team. If you're not working with your team in a game, what good is it? It's like those stupid clans we had for Close Combat. You don't have any regular correspondence with any of these people and it hardly seems like you're on a "team" at all.

Like I said, I can see how this would be fun in operations but with battles, if each team member is in a different game, then it doesn't make sense to be on a team at all.

Just my 2 pesos...<hr></blockquote>

You hit it on the head with operations.

With battles, no there is no way you can really fight together. Unless one member left off at turn 5, and the next picked up from there. But I would not prefer that.

The fun of it is that for once you are not fighting JUST to represent yourself, your representing your team. Like wrestling. Its just you on the mat, but how well you do (or dont do) affects whether or not your team wins. So you have the personal drive to win for yourself, and then the desire to win for your school/country ect.

Obviously its not for everyone, but its for some.

Chad

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Nah! I hate ladders smile.gif Damn things make me care too much about winning and losing and the game stops being fun. I ended up seriously burnt out on two very good games and most of it was due to ladder play ... of course Your Milage May Vary!

Good luck and have fun.

Joe<hr></blockquote>

I can now sleep tonight knowing what YMMV means! thanks joe smile.gif

I personally like ladder play because then I care more about my games. Like I said above, its for some and isnt for others. I know a lof of good CM players purposely avoid ladders for various reasons. For me, it makes the games more interesting and each game means more to me! The only draw back is that I get funny looks from my wife when I curse at night because my tanks got knocked out.

I would recommend the RD ladder to anyone, Cyberfox does an excelent job of keeping things up to date.

Chad