CMBB Mods and Scenarios

Hey guys what's up. So help me out here. Let me get this straight. To use mods a player can basically browse the mods and download the ones he wants and backup the originals and then replace them with the new ones (the pics) in the correct directory and the game will work with the new mods? How do they affect performance? They look really nice and I may overhaul many of the original textures with mods as I now have plenty of power (one at a time of course so as to monitor performance impact). If I want to make a mod of a texture can I just do so within Photoshop and make it as rich and colorful as I want?

THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO COOOOL TO MAKE A REALLY SWEET CRATER

Thanks!!

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

Hey guys what's up. So help me out here. Let me get this straight. To use mods a player can basically browse the mods and download the ones he wants and backup the originals and then replace them with the new ones (the pics) in the correct directory and the game will work with the new mods? How do they affect performance? They look really nice and I may overhaul many of the original textures with mods as I now have plenty of power (one at a time of course so as to monitor performance impact). If I want to make a mod of a texture can I just do so within Photoshop and make it as rich and colorful as I want?

To install:

1. D/L the mod you want from a website.

(Shameless plug for http://cm.cozog.com )

2. Open the .ZIP file and write down the .BMP files that it will be replacing.

(Some will have multiple choices for the same .BMP file like 1402-1.bmp, 1402-2.bmp, etc. You just need to decide which one you're going to use.)

3. Back up the original .BMPs to a seperate directory/folder

4. Extract the .BMPs file fomr the .ZIP to the BMP directory/folder

5. Start the game and let the fun begin!

A little piece of advice about building your mods. You might want to hold off rebuilding your entire set of .BMPs until some others come out. Wait and see if DeanCo will be making a clipboard menu mod or others will be making vehicle camo mods.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just saying that there will be a plethera(sp?) of mods out by the holidays and you might get some ideas about creating your from them. Thanks.

COG