Help Please... Mod Opinions Needed

Greetings all,

I am currently downloading at a furious pace and trying to(eventually) fill up the CMMOS with all the available mods. My 128K and I would like your opinions on which ones to go for right away and which ones to save for later. I want it to look good, but I want to get on with actually playing too. smile.gif

I have a new Falcon-Northwest with the XP2100+ CPU, 512 Meg of PC2100, and a GF4 Ti4600 with 128 meg DDR on board, so I want the finest detail hi-rez ones out there please. Any large and/or very detailed maps that you would recommend would be appreciated as well.

I am getting the obviously posted hi-rez vehicles from CMHQ at the moment, but I really need some help and/or opinions on terrain and buildings.

Now I don't want to start(or re-start) any arguments between you out there as to whose is best... but would anyone like to post their favorite mods and modders so I know whose work to look for?

Oh, and BTW.. I am not finding any Allied Uniforms yet. I must not be looking in the right place.

I thank you ... and my piddlin' po-dunk backwoods connect thanks you.

May your Arty never fall short,

Schultzie

[ July 22, 2002, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Sgt. Schultz ]

Thanks for the links folks. Now I have even more choices to fret over. smile.gif

Tanks .. those are great buildings. I really like the 2nd one with all the moss. Put a few bird droppings on the roof of the 1st one or some weathering to make it match the rest of the building and it looks good to go as well.

Are there any modded buildings that have huge gaping holes in them or show as partially collapsed? If so .. where?

So far it seems like Gordon and the Spaniard are the big vehicle guys, and Ed Kinney has some nice trees. Any more personal faves out there folks?

Keep 'em coming please...

[ July 23, 2002, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: Sgt. Schultz ]

Originally posted by Sgt. Schultz:

I am not finding any Allied Uniforms yet. I must not be looking in the right place.

Sitzkrieg is currently working on the Allied Uniform Rulesets. This should be ready for the next CMMOS release.

Darknight is working on a monumental Commonwealth shoulder patch mod, which should also be ready for the next CMMOS release.

I recently finished work on a US shoulder patch mod (works with Andrew Fox uniforms). It's in testing now, and it will be ready for the next CMMOS release.

I'm also working on an unachieved objective marker mod that substitutes unit emblems for the unachieved objective marker ( i.e. if you're part of the 101rst Airborne, you send your troops to wherever you see a 101rst Airborne flag). The German and American sections are complete, and I'm currently working on a second version of the French. Over the course of the next week I expect to be finishing up the Brits, Canadians, Poles, and Belgians (yes, there is one Belgian scenario out there). One of the features of this mod, besides obsessive attention to unit symbology, is that when you activate a unit's flag, you also apply the corresponding shoulder patch to the Andrew Fox uniform mod.

Thanks a heap folks. With your assistance, CM now looks something like this ....

pic2.jpg

That was taken at 1600x1200 with forced 4xs anti-aliasing. I then cropped 800x600's worth out of the center and converted to .jpg. It lost something in the translation but I figured 7.5 meg worth of .bmp would not be welcome [g] 90Kb is much easier on you folks.

It is now in a playable form and I can practcie a bit instead of downloading like a madman. smile.gif

Thanks again to all the modders out there and those who helped me find them.