Buying air and rare units

derb

I wanted to see how JS3s and air units worked so I have tried all sorts of combinations of quick battle without success. I was never even offered the option of air units in May 45 as the Soviets (or the Germans) and when I did try to buy JS3s they didn't turn up. Is the latter just the "rarity force adjuster" at work? (In which case you really really shouldn't buy a JS3 as it is very expensive and probably won't even arrive!)

Come to think of it I think an explanation for the air units may be that the random time allocation

put me to 'night'...

Let this be a lesson to you - if you just want to play around with uberweapons, you have to remember to set the location to "central" (it knows that there were no JS3s on the Finnish front), to set the time to daylight, the casualty levels to 0 (otherwise the units you buy may not arrive) and probably one or two other parameters I have forgotten!

It's commendably realistic in this respect but occaisionally frustratingly so (as with this game in general...)

It even seems to adjust the rarity penalty (if I remember correctly) to reflect the nature of the scenario as well as the date (as some units were usually used offensively or usually defensively?)

Thinking of rare units - can you buy the weird three turreted Russian tank in 1941?

Come to think of it, I hadn't seen any T35's or T28's in '41. Now I know why -- they aren't in the game! Thanks for the info.

As to the original post, if he had mostly random settings, then it is possible that either night or weather prevented any planes from being available.

And if he had random casualties turned on, then it is possible that his dream tanks didn't show because of that.

I had an opponent have that problem where half the tanks he bought for a quick battle against me didn't show up and we thought it was a bug. Until a veteran player told us about the random casualty setting effects...