newbies : good starter PBeM scenarios ?

i have only had CM in my possession for a couple of days but i am already hooked on this excellent game!

Now , if i only knew which scenarios were good and balanced for Play By Email...

I'd really like some hints on some good ones, preferrably not too large in scale , as i am still learning this game, and my PBeM buddy is even less of a wargamer than me (i was an avid ASL-player years ago, at least )- so something simple and small-medium would be great to start with.

Any tips ?

thanks

smile.gif

--

elvix

The Depot is a great place to get scenarios...

Now for my personal pick:

I highly recommend Beyond Bolero as a PBEM game... not just because I made it but because others have reviewed it and agreed with me that its not half bad for my first scenario ;)

-Jaldaen

PS: If you do play it then please review it... I need the info ;)

thanks, all of you.

I knew about the Scenaroi Depot , but 1000+ scenarios doesn't help me choose. I am sure it will be a great source for me in the future, though..

The byte battles were a great source for me , and we went for "Bure" first. I'll give my review at the depot when we are done with it..

smile.gif

thanks

"Bure" is a good one, though very tough for the Axis defender. In general the standard of scenarios on the actual CM CD is high--most of those are worth trying PBEM if you and your opponent both haven't played them. Wiltz is a good short one--easy to win against the AI but harder vs. human.

Along with the excellent folks at Der Kessel, two of the most prolific and talented scenario designers are Wild Bill Wilder and Rune. Starting with any one of the scenarios at the Depot, you can get cross referenced to all the others. WBW's recent ROW (Rumblings of War tourney) scenarios are all top notch and Rune has put out a series of scenarios designed specifically for PBEM/TCP IP. You might try exploring their work in some depth. Another idea is just to cruise the alphabetical listings at the Depot, looking for scenarios with high ratings (say, 7.5 and higher.)

Hope this helps.