The horror

For all you guys with CDRW's take heed. Make a backup copy of your cd (for only your own use should something happen to your original of course). I am a poor idiot who did not and now am paying the price. I have a terminal scratch and can not play and must get another original. I got one of those reconditioners and it still doesnot work. I am so bummed. (actually it does not work at all on my desktop, but I can get it to work in about 1 out of 15-20 tries on my laptop, but that is getting to be way to painful. :(:(

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Enoch:

Well, if you never take your CM CD out of your CD drive it would never get scratched. Duh.<hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, some of us have to share our CM computer with a five-year old who wants to play Reader Rabbit...

REDEKER,

What you need is the new MicroSoft product that combines software entities for a small period, then when that 5 year old is playing with the rabbit on the PC a Panther comes over the hill and smooshes it real good. That should do sooooo much damage to the psyche of the child that he/she will never want to look at a computer again! (Is this the PENG thread smile.gif )

(The above was meant to be funny and may not have been due to the effects of the medication that is supposed to suppress rantings such as the one above)

Guest Panzer Boxb

I feel sorry for those that need to share.

CMBO got me to save my pennies. I have since upgraded all the kids systems so I can play without taking my CD out of my computer.

Ahhh. But I do have a burned copy in my bank vault just in case something happens to my house.

-Mike Z. smile.gif

I had the same problem u did and i fixed it with Crest Extra whiteing tooth paste.All u do is spread a coat of it on let it dry and rub it off with a soft cloth and it should take care of it.It takes a little elbow grease to rubb it off but it works.Its worth a try!! I fixed many CDs like that smile.gif