Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

cmbo pbem

Hi guys and thanks in advance for any help. I have one cmbo opponent that his turns occasionaly won't load. When saved to pbem file and you click load email it does nothing. The loading graphics screen or password screen doesn't come up. It happened once before with the same opponent and he resent it to me and it worked, this time it won't. Any ideas?

When you send your opponent the files (or he sends them to you) are you using any sort of compression program on the file first ? If not, then I highly suggest doing so. On the PC WinZip or a variety of other programs work fine (and can make some of the movie files a bit smaller).

Most of the time when a PBEM or TCP/IP session has run into corrupt data you'll get an 'error ping' sound from the game. Sending files in the default text form allows them to get corrupted by various programs or protocols, etc. Compressing these files before sending them should maintain their integrity and avoid most problems. It does involve an extra step, but I believe it is worth it.