X

X

X

X

X

X

X

X

I set my guys up pretty badly and my first platoon got routed by the massed Allied fire. They then crossed the river with a ton of halftracks full of men, and the real fighting started. My 105's and 80's came raining down right at the end of the bridge on my side where they were all massed. When they came forward to get out of the bombardment, their infantry met a fresh platoon of mine, and their halftracks met my 75mm,Stug, and mortar. The guys that tried to retreat back across got shot up by MG42's and my 20mm Flak. My 75mm gun has been a big hero, killing practically every American tank and halftrack except for a few. He finally died from a lucky Greyhound shot. My Stug died from a 105 shell. I just got my 2 Panzer IV's and I am going to take that bridge back. I can't wait till Gunther comes, I hope he's an elite Panther! He might be mad since I blue up some of his own buildings though!

I've tweaked the scenario a little to give the German a better chance to succeed in defending for 25 turns. I'll probably update the one in the scenario depot so please try the revised version and give me some feedback.

Thanks for the kind words von Brizee smile.gif

Howard when did you tweak it? I downloaded it around the 12thm, and read too much into your

instructions and tried to get most of the Germans over the bridge,not knowing the whole damn American Army was there on turn 1 ! So I lost too many men early.After that I was barely hanging on thru turn 17,didnt look too promising,plus I totally missed the Flak Guns and left them where they were.If you tweeked it after the 12th maybe I'll try it again.Good early action but it appeared too tough after that.

Thanks for trying out the scenario Panzer Man. The Germans should stay put and protect the flag, there is no objective for the Germans on the other side of the bridge. I've tweaked the scenario but I haven't upped it to the depot yet because ACTOR is writing up a historical background/briefing for the scenario. When that background is finished we'll upload a better scenario, if you still would like the tweaked version send me a mail smile.gif