New(?) scenario/operation combo; Triplebattle.

(I think this is the right forum to post in, although I will post a link in the opponent finder forum.)

For a while now I've been thinking about arranging a moderated game I'd call a Triple Battle.

- Each player is supposed to be the regimental CO for any regiment (but I'd suggest infantry type) in a typical division. (One player for each side.)

- The regiment is responsible for a portion of the front line, about 2km wide. The terrain varies from a town at one end to a forest at the other.

- There's been a command from higher up that the regiment should gain some ground in the area next day.

- Now the players have to set up a defence, and plan some sort of attack. To boost the regiment they'll have to present their basic plan to the divisional CO (me), and apply for attachments from other units in the division (and corps). They will get something, but perhaps not exactly what they asked for.

- Then I set up (at least, depending on the plans) three scenarios covering the actions for that day, that can be played in sequence or simultaneously.

There will be plenty of Victory Flags, and the player who controls most flags in total over the three maps at the end of the day is the winner!

This game probably won't be totally even, and there may be arguments about what units and equipment is available within the battalion/regiment/division.

Therefore it's imperative that the two players allready like to battle each other in CM, and that they do it more to have fun of playing than to win at all cost.

Both players will have the same amount of points assigned to their total force.

Troop quality is set at one basic level (per side), with some random variation applied (by me, about 25% one level up and 25% one level down).

The actual game is supposed to be something like;

- You (a pair of players) decide that you want to try this.

- You agree on who's going to play which side, which month (in the game, July-May) and what division types.

- You mail me a request for a game, together with these details.

- I'll respond. If positive together with three area maps and some specifics about the units at your service.

- Each player plan and do a preliminary setup of his defensive units for each map, and send them to me.

- I check out the defences, and write a somewhat correct (but not very detailed) intelligence report for each side, together with a weather forecast.

- Each player now make a preliminary offensive plan, including a specified request for support units.

- I negotiate the details with each player, to nail the exact unit composition for each map.

- I make the final setup of each map, lock them, and send them to you to play.

- After the game you send both AARs for each map to me, and I'll confirm the final score.

Some notes:

- Unit point costs are totalled for all offensive and defensive units on all maps.

- Airborne divisions fight like infantry. (Air landings are not allowed.)

- All battles are set to "Meeting engagement".

- Both sides have full access to fortifications of all types, except for bunkers and pillboxes for which the weapons have to be organic to the organisation.

- All divisions will have access to armour, if desired, in one way or another...

Bottom line

If you are two players that enjoy battling each other, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do for you.

Cheers

Olle

Hmm... Sounds interesting. I really want to help but I don't have much time. I certainly don't have time to be a player but I might be able to help in some kind of staff work or other job as long as it doesn't take up too much time...

Regards,

Ryan

P.S. I might be able to help with the map.

• 1 month later...