Orange bases for units

OK - this is probably a stupid question and I'm sure I missed something but, I am developing a scenario with fixed American starting positions - no setup zones on US side. However, when I test it, it doesn't have orange (cannot move) bases like the scenarios but has a menu bar allowing move/put options even though you cannot put or move them anywhere.

Thanks for the help.

Tom Konczal

TomK1@aol.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

If you define no setup zones then all units will be in neutral territory and immovable. If you have setup zones but leave some units in neutral territory, same thing. Padlocking is to fix units within setup zones.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that, but my unit bases are gray, not orange like in scenarios where your units are fixed. Those units have orange bases. I know this is silly, but I want those orange bases for my scenario!!!

Here's whatcha do:

in setup, right-click on the units that you want to be FIXED at battle start. In the dropdown menu will be "lock setup." Click that; the base will turn orange and the unit will be FIXED so that players cannot move them during pre-battle setup.

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I understand that, but my unit bases are gray, not orange like in scenarios where your units are fixed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Units in neutral territory will have grey bases during setup, locked or not. Locked units within setup zones will have orange bases. So if you really, really want orange bases, for their aesthetic value, then create a setup zone around them.

Actually, you do not need a set-up area to get the orange bases. It works with or without setup areas. Thanks to an email from

niles.hirschi@gte.net (Niles Hirschi)

for the answer. When placing the troops, use the spacebar menu and click on padlock setup for the uint. It's base turns orange and not move or put commands appear. See it was simple and I do feel silly. Thanks to all who responded!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Konczal:

Actually, you do not need a set-up area to get the orange bases. It works with or without setup areas. Thanks to an email from

niles.hirschi@gte.net (Niles Hirschi)

for the answer. When placing the troops, use the spacebar menu and click on padlock setup for the uint. It's base turns orange and not move or put commands appear. See it was simple and I do feel silly. Thanks to all who responded!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

---No Problem

-Fieldmarshall (aka Niles Hirschi)