Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Schullencraft; I now have some answers !

I had stated this problem earlier:

Fire on burning vehicles appears to freeze up and fade out when the camera comes to about 100 meters. Further out it looks fine and at higher camera angles it looks fine as well, even right over the unit.

My second problem was that at camera level 3 my units are so small that I cant distinguish squads, HQs, from MGS or one AFV from another. Yet at lower camera levels I can't see enough of the battle. So either way there is a loss of visual conception about what is happening. I never experienced this in CMBO.

You asked about my system. Here goes:

Windows 98 Pentium II 450 mhz 128 mb ram

3fx Voodoo 3 16 mb video memory

Resolution at 1024 x 768

Direct X 8.1

You asked about video drivers. Not sure if this is what you mean: 4.11.01.1151 I am not sure how to find that info if these numbers are not what you need. Sorry.

Hope you can help me.

Toad

I haven't seen these problems with the Voodoo3 under Win9x. I am however using newer drivers than you are, which may be the reason.

You can get the 1.08.xx drivers from x3dfx (go to the Drivers listing on the left hand side).

Currently I'm using the 1.07.00 drivers (which come up as 4.12.01.0666), which were the last official ones from 3dfx. You can get them from Voodoo Files (3dfx > Original 3dfx drivers > bottom of 2nd page).

After downloading your choice of driver I suggest uninstalling your current driver and the 3dfx Tools. You may need to reboot and select a 'Standard PCI SVGA' adapter for the video card and then install the new drivers.

I'm also running at 800x600 with the Voodoo 3. This avoids the 'texture whiteout' problem you may see if you run at 1024x768 or higher (for CM, the desktop resolution shouldn't matter).

[ September 28, 2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]