One last comment to davedial...

I realize this topic is closed but durnit, I started typing while it was still open:

Originally posted by davedial:

Dowloaded the demo and played the two scenarios.

Ahh .. I'm sorry guys. It just doesn't have "it".

It definitely has 'it' for me. 'It' for me was getting down on view one with my Russian infantry and seeing them hit the dirt, in droves, when small arms started spitting hot lead at them from the woods across the field. Couldn't see exactly where it was coming from but it was unfriendly in a non forgiving kind of way. Something about the sound, the graphics, the way it was modelled, made it feel much more nasty and, dare I say, visceral, to be virtually shot at that in CMBO.

As for looking like toys...well I've always thought that about CM, that it looks like a bunch of miniature toys. But since I enjoy playing with miniatures anyway that's not a problem.

CMPlayer, no worries...Ill lock this up now.

So seriously, its hard to take his comments too seriously as looking at his posting history it seems that he didnt really like CM all that much in the first place it seems. If he doesnt wish to participate in the forums anymore, that is his choice and quite frankly not one I have a problem with smile.gif

Dan

[ September 10, 2002, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]