Request to past or future sneak previewers

Hi, you lucky guys! I would be greatly beholden if one or more of you would post as complete description as you are allowed to of how the various new movement orders work. Both the infantry and AFV kind. I would hope that future pre-viewers will be particularly attentive to this area as such issues as the improved MG mechanics have been well covered already. TIA.

Michael

[ July 22, 2002, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Michael,

Within the limits of the NDA, I intend to take notes next Saturday (Friday your time) on the following:

Movement Orders (vehicle convoys etc)

Fire Orders (covered arcs etc)

Mac interface / hardware requirements

Operations (maps, start points, etc)

Fords (AFV and Inf perhaps)

Longer range engagements (German optics)

I'll even try to take some digital snaps (if allowed).

I'd then like to start a central thread regarding people's feedback. I find it a bit of a pain to read all the threads (UTAH, London, SO CAL, etc) to get some idea of the overall picture.

Anything else for the list?

Thanks, Mark. That sounds great! smile.gif Just what I was hoping for. The previous previewers, while providing wonderful impressions, seem to have been so overwhelmed (and I don't blame them) that really orderly and comprehensive descriptions of some factors got left in the dust. I'm hoping that subsequent reviews will kind of probe into the darker corners of the game and fill in some of the blank spaces.

If I can think of anything else to beg for, I'll throw it in.

Michael

This is a sneak peek not a review. Some items are not complete, and all are subject to change. The guys do NOT have the time to answer questions that details would raise, so no, do not post in detail. Also, no to digital pictures, I know it was asked on a few threads. General comments, positive or negative are appreciated. The same rules apply to all the sneak peeks. To those who saw CMBB, we appreciate your feedback! To those who haven't, only current beta testers will show, and then, only the ones who volunteered. A few decided not to after the grief from some. SO, apologies, but Sept. 20th will come fast.

Rune

To echo Rune's comments, I am not a trade fair bimbo (and don't look anywhere near as good as those do - hmmmmm, tade fair bimbos...), intent on showing off all the features of a tantalising new product.

The preview is a nice way to meet some similarly unhinged people and see how they react to the game, as well as getting some comments from them. It is not for minute analysis of specific features, and the amount of beer involved means that sometimes people will even see things that are not there (hmmmm,, beeeeeer...). I want to have fun on the day, and not go through the mechanics of a specific command. If I did not have fun, I would not do it.

I understand where you are coming from, and it is easy for me to say that, seeing that I have been playing this game for a while now, but really some things are best left for you to find out when you get your grubby paws on a copy.