Sneak command, Change needed?

Ive noticed that the sneak command, which is now a combination of the Sneak and Crawl command doesn't automatically put the unit in a Hide position as the old Sneak did. Just think that it probably should. Lost 2 Hunter teams due to overlooking this. Am I off my rocker or what do you think?

Well, two bits... the first is that I don't believe that Sneak is a combination of crawl & sneak from CMBO. Instead it would appear that it is a rename of Crawl to Sneak.

The other bit is, Sneak automatically hides your troops in CMBO? Did I miss this feature altogether?

Taken directly from the CMBB Readme

"Sneak (S) - not available for units with heavy equipment. Tells a unit to hug the ground and crawl and use stealth. Will open fire in self-defense only. (This command combines the “crawl” and “sneak” commands of CMBO)."

By using Stealth one would think that they would automatically assume a Hide stance at the end of movement, or at least i think so.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Clinton, I can think of many instances where you would want troops to move into position and then fire...for instance if you were moving a tank hunting team through a building behind a T-34 smile.gif

Dan

Roger That!!

I don't know what my deal was. I had it in my mind that they did Hide but thinking on it it makes no sense when you can simple Sneak and the Hide them. My mind is going crazy from the wait. Sorry bout the stupidity.

Both CMBO and CMBB share the major problem:

If you were in hide, then crawl (now sneak) and then hide again, then the unit would unhide and freely open fire on everyone in the order delay for the crawl/sneak command.

EDIT: as said below, this is not corret.

[ September 18, 2002, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by Clinton:

Taken directly from the CMBB Readme

"Sneak (S) - not available for units with heavy equipment. Tells a unit to hug the ground and crawl and use stealth. Will open fire in self-defense only. (This command combines the “crawl” and “sneak” commands of CMBO)."

Heh, well there ya go. Learn something new every day. :D

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Redwolf, Im pretty sure this has been changed in CMBB...

Hm, a quick test reveals that you are right.

I confused it with rotate. If you are hidden, and then say rotate and then hide, then the unit will not keep the head down while the rotation is going on (there is no order delay). I doesn't appear it will fire, though.

While we are at it, could you relay the following bug report to Charles? when squads are split, the second half always counts as dead with regards to victory points calculation. Just hotseat a game where nothing happens than a split squad. The opponent will get points for it.

[ September 18, 2002, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]