Sound Mods for A Day at the Beach

I've been toying with the idea of putting together/revivng a CMMOS section devoted to beach terrain and beach sounds. [Ok, I actually have a rough draft of it in my hard drive, but haven't decide to what extent to reorganize it.] This would allow you to switch in and out of Clubfoot's beach terrain for Hastings Howards, Victor Beach, Pointe du Hoc, and any other similarly coded scenario's.

While I was fiddling around with text files, I suddenly remembered that there used to be a sound mod of sea gulls and splashing waves. The problem I had always had with it was that it only worked intermittently.

So using the sound switching capability of CMMOS (that sound modders really should take more advantage of) I whipped together a brute force version that replaces all eight land sounds with the sea sound. In other words, no matter what weather effect kicks in, you'll hear seagulls and water, untill you invoke the opposite mod, that restores crickets and allegedly north american robins.

After listening to the mod for a bit I had two observations. First, there was an omnipresent high pitched background hiss, and second, the mod simply wasn't noisy enough for D-Day. On D-day you would expect a lot of background artillery noise from other areas, and there was nothing like that...just a nice quiet day at the beach.

Now at another time and under different circumstances I probably would have risen to the challenge, killed the hiss, and pasted in a lot of artillery. I have the sound editors that can do this, and I think I even remember how to use them.

But the fact is that I'm up past my eyeballs in a couple of large mods that are struggling towards next month's CMMOS release, and I simply don't have time to take on any more projects right now.

And there are lots of really talented sound modders out there.

So,...

Would any of you care to make replacements for wave files 5000 through 5007 inclusive, featuring lots of water and seagull sounds, no hiss, and a really big artillery barrage going off in the background ? You wouldn't really have to make eight files, one would do, we'd just renumber it so that it would always get played when the mod was invoked. The mod would then get featured in a CMMOS ruleset entitled "A day at the Beach".

And maybe it would encourage someone to want to learn how to write CMMOS rulesets for some of the nifty explosion and weapons sounds out there...