Armor Command & Control Question

I played an Operation called "Dergatschi Roadblock" and was able to make it into Dergatschi and all the way through the entire first battle without taking any casualties except for having two Panzer IVGs that became immobile along the way. Unfortunately for me they both were platoon HQ tanks. The rest of both platoons were fine as they were able to keep radio contact until the end of the "battle."

What happened at the beginning of the next battle is what concerns me. Those remaining Panzer IVGs that made it to the next battle were still in command even though those two platoon HQs became Abandoned and therefore were no longer in the game. What commanded them were infantry HQs. At one point, it was a Company level HQ with a +1 command rating. I'm not certain, but it may have been in command by a different infantry HQ earlier as well. (I didn't think of saving the game at the beginning of the 2nd battle -just midway later on.)

At first I thought, is this right? Infantry giving command to armor? Then it seemed like it could be right. I'm just not sure.

Does anyone know? Thanks.

Okay, I've done some researching on this and on page 139 of the manual, it says:

"Vehicles recieve no benefit from infantry HQs,..."

AND

"Company HQs and Battalion HQs can keep any non-vehicle unit (regardless to which platoon they belong) under command."

I'm sorry to say it, but I think that maybe I've discovered a genuine bug? I ask this because I definitely have a Company level infantry HQ keeping a Panzer IVG in command. I mean the brown line is there for sure.

So, it's either the manual is wrong or there is a bug.

I've played out the turn that I saved and I watched carefully and ....

I made occupied buildings transparent and I've even checked to see if there was some sort of infantry unit under it (or on it), but there wasn't. As the Company HQ moved, the PzIVG picked up command from two other platoon HQs as it went along and then finally reacquired command from the Company HQ when it got nearer to the Company HQ (that also moved).

Lastly, I've sent the saved turn to Moon for him to see.

Originally posted by Priest:

Stupid question.

Is there any unit riding on the back of the tank? FOs and other "team" units would make sense. Maybe a crew also.

No sir. I double checked for that. I removed the bases (that i like to play with on) and then I hit shift-V to remove the tank from view and nothing remained. I can send the saved turn to you too, if you like.