Text Bugs

I have two instances of text bugs in CMBO, meaning that the text turns brown and almost illgible. First, is after I beat or exit a scenario, all the text on all the menus turns brown and illegible, and some of the menus turn completely black. Also, after I beat an mission, in the after action report, first it says 'after action report' with no text below it, then if I look at the map and come back, the text appears right on the map!

How do I fix this problem?

Are you using any sort of graphical mods on your Demo (or is this the full version) ?

I haven't heard of these problems and it's strange that you're running into problems like this. In your previous thread you said that you had to turn on Anisotropic filtering in order to see CM at all. Now you have a text problem where it turns dark or appears after you clear a dialog box. Are you overclocking your video card ? Have you tried to 'underclock' it ? You're seeing problems that are extremely rare on a piece of hardware with drivers that many others aren't having problems with in CM. Also are you using a 3rd party tweak utility on your video card and is it up to date ?

While the Demo is based on an older version of CMBO (1.02 or 1.03, I can't remember), there's nothing in it that I'm aware of that addressed any problems like this up to version 1.12.

How did you adjust your Anisotropic Filtering when you had the 'black screen' problem earlier ? Are you using a 3rd party utility to make adjustments to the video card ? OpenGL settings should have no effect on CM, just DirectX ones.

What driver version are you running right now, is it 30.82 ? What have you set your DirectX-related settings to ?

cancel the last post, i had a mess around in control panel and actually managed to change to 4x.hooray it worked so now my husband will stop moaning about his inability to read the writing.unfortunately he can now play more than one mission so i cant get on computer when he has to reloads or quit in between missions.