Help! Brand New Hercules Prophet II GTS Pro

Well, just installed it. PC running really well. Other games look great. But.....

When I go through my video options set up for CM, CM crashes and I get:

"Program Error

Could Not Initialize Direct3D Graphics"

frown.gif

I can play the game in 640x800, but the whole reason I got the card was to run it in higher resolutions.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

------------------

Jeff Newell

TankDawg

Maybe it's a driver issue. Check which drivers work best with your card and CM

Sorry i can't help much as i have a V5 smile.gif

Yes I do understand. I did do that. I start from scratch, but everytime after about the 5th option, i click "skip to next" and I get the error message

Have you tried not skipping to next and just use what it gives you first, as a tester to see how it runs ?

Geoff

What is your current desktop resolution ? What's the maximum resolution that CM allows you to select ? What was your previous video card ? Did you perform an uninstall of the previous video drivers ? Which version of DirectX are you running and what driver version are you using for the new Prophet II ?

Madmatt is using (or highly recommends) the NVidia Reference drivers 6.31. Anything higher than that version may be a bit buggy.

Although I really won't think it would affect CM's resolution selection... what monitor does Windows say you have (look in the Device Manager or the Display control panel) ? Most PC users will probably see "Plug and Play" or "Default" as the monitor type. If there is an INF file for your monitor you may want to try it out.

I'm guessing that it will most likely be the software for your previous video card that may be causing your problem.