Complete gray screen on Mac???

Did a search for complete a gray screen problem and found a solution for a pc but it's happening on my G4 with 32mb Radeon video card.

Here was the pc solution:

"There should be a control panel for your video card and/or DirectX. If there is a switch to "enable fog table emulation", turn it on."

But what is the solution for a Mac? Am I missing something really obvious?

I've seen this problem on the PC version of the Radeon. The problem with that cross-platform reference however is that the ATI drivers for the PC have never supported fog tables. This fact has continued through the development of even the Radeon. When a scenario specified fog it would come up with a completely gray battlefield. This was fixed with a BETA driver (but still no fog). ATI never puts fog-table emulation as a selection in their PC drivers and I don't think any Mac control panels list this option either.

On the Mac ATI has worked fine with the fog-tables (?) in RAVE. There's a possibility that the drivers for the Radeon on the Mac may have a little too much in common with their PC siblings (that however is a guess) in regards to fog table compatibility. I don't know if Apple has released the G4s with the Radeons in them yet, so the only source for drivers would probably be ATI (but I can't find any Radeon for Mac related drivers on their site). You may want to check around on any of the Mac hardware related web sites that may post BETA drivers. Maybe a BETA Radeon driver is out there that solves this problem.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 10-29-2000).]

Schrullenhaft,

Good info, how did you ever learn all that?

I received my G4 with the 32mb Radeon put in by Apple so they have just started(4 weeks or more) installing them.

I agree no updates from ATI currently, who should I expect to put this out first, ATI or Apple. As you can tell I don't really know what I'm talking about......I just want to play the CM battles with fog.

Considering ATI's website support for their video cards on the Mac you may be better off waiting for Apple to post newer drivers. It's strange that I can't find a driver from either of them for the Radeon.

For the while you can use Shift-W in CM to change the Fog/Weather options to off. The weather effects will still be in force for the scenario, they just won't be displayed on the screen.