Buildings in CMBB

Does anybody know if the buildings in CMBB will be more then two floors? I would like to see at least the church steeple have three floors so that players or AI can place a sniper or a spotter there.

Originally posted by Ozzie Osborne:

Does anybody know if the buildings in CMBB will be more then two floors? I would like to see at least the church steeple have three floors so that players or AI can place a sniper or a spotter there.

Dear Mr. Osborne:

Wow! I cannot believe it is really you! I started listening to your music back in the 80's when I was trying to sleep with a cheerleader who liked Black Sabbath. "Iron Man" was my favoritist of all time!

I liked your music so much I bought an Osborne computer back in the 1980's just 'cause it had your name on it!

Wow! You are just the greatest. I am so surprised to see you playing Combat Mission! I mean, I never saw you playing it on your TV show. I guess you didn't remember to do that, huh?

Can I have your autograph, please, huh, can I have it? I just can't believe it's you!

Your biggest fan!

Steve

P.S. No, there won't be any thir level buildings in CMBB -- but maybe if you used your influence, we could get that changed, Mr. Osborne!

If this is the type of answer that I'm going to get everytime I ask a question. Then I'm going to have to leave this forum. For the last time I'm not that DAM OZZIE OSBOURNE SO GET THAT THROUGH YOU DAM HEAD PEOPLE! Look at the last name you DAM imbeclie.

Hey guys let off the poor guy, he is asking some questions. To answer the question, from what I have seen and hear there will only be two levels, its something to do with the game engine itself I believe so it can't be changed.

I think there may be a answer to your question in the CMBB forum/thread somewhere - I'm pretty sur one of the designers ( can't remember which ) said two floors only, however he did also say that they were trying a sort of 'modular' approach to some of the buildings so you could produce vast factories etc a la the tractor factory at Stalingrad.

Hello,

It's an abstraction: buildings with 2 levels represent in fact buildings with 2 and more levels.

Sig

PS: don't be too annoyed with the little joke about your name. The vast majority of us don't bite. Some people simply like teasing a bit I suppose. smile.gif

{Edited because I overreacted to Mr. Osborne's overreaction, thus endangering the entire online community with a series of uncontrollable overreactions that could lead to a chain overreaction, and nuclear holocaust}

Mr. Osborne:

No harm intended. I tried to answer your question in my "P.S." section.

Steve

[ June 18, 2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

{Edited because I overreacted to Mr. Osborne's overreaction, thus endangering the entire online community with a series of uncontrollable overreactions that could lead to a chain overreaction, and nuclear holocaust}

Mr. Osborne:

Steve

Steve, my apology to you and the CM Forum for the way I reacted. If you have heard as much of Ozzie Osborne jokes as I have it starts to get old.

Again my apology.

John Osborne

ps I can't even get to change my user name so I guess I'm stuck with it :eek:

Originally posted by Ozzie Osborne:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Mr. Osborne:

Steve

Steve, my apology to you and the CM Forum for the way I reacted. If you have heard as much of Ozzie Osborne jokes as I have it starts to get old.

Again my apology.

John Osborne

ps I can't even get to change my user name so I guess I'm stuck with it :eek: </font>

Originally posted by Crank_GS:

Hi Oz!

Might I respectfully point out that you, by choosing to use the name "Ozzy" instead of "John", are opening the door, and others are merely walking through it?

Yes I agree. But I can't change it now. :confused: Unless I get another email address to use. Or Battlefront.com will let me change it.

John