Why do people blame the game?

Reminds me of that old Henny Youngman joke: A man walks into a Dr.'s office, raises his arm and says "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." The Dr. replies "Then don't do that!"

I've seen board members cry "Dr., it hurts when I run my infantry across an open field against mgs!" "Dr., it hurts when I go up against a Tiger using light armor!" "Dr., it hurts when my men get tangled in barbed wire in front of trenches!"

Well... duh.

Tis all a part of the recent social trend to blame everyone/everything else for one's shortcomings. Yeah sure I did it, but Daddy smacked me on the butt with a paddle when I was three, so on my 22nd Birthday I blew his head off with a shotgun, set the body on fire, covered it with lime and then ran it through the leaf shredder, cause I was so traumatized.

[ October 16, 2002, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Generally speaking, it's easier for human beings to blame an entire race or gender for their problems instead of looking for the cause of their problems within themselves.

If people won't use this introspection in more serious matters, do you really expect them to do so in lighter ones?

Not to say that there isn't some merit to some criticisms, but the good commanders are the one who adapt their tactics/strategy and find a way to win when presented with a new/changing environment. The bad ones only whine, complain, and look to blame someone else for their lack of ability.