Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Problem solved!

I'm sure we all went through the same trials and tribulations.

Having played CMBO for quite some time, it never left the CD drive in the machine. Installed from E:, stayed in E:.

Used the CD/RW (F:) for all that other stuff like other software, backups, etc, etc.

Along comes CM:BB. Oh whatever to do?

Simple: add a new 52X CD-ROM, install CMBB from G:, and now neither of them ever has to leave the machine.

No more "Oh Damn, wrong CD!" or "Where's my CMBB disk? I'm gonna chew some butt if neither of you kids can produce it right now!"

Just double-click and play...

I gently removed the CMBO disc from the drive where it used to be the last two years. A tear ran down my cheek as I slowly put it in a jewel box with Tom's CMBO cover. Never thought I'd need it one day. We had a great time. But all things finally come to an end.

But then, we'll always have Paris...

*sniff*

[edit: wohooo! that was my 1001st post! What do I get now? A cookie? A babe? A bald head? :D ]

[ October 01, 2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

You guys are lucky. I have to take the CD out when I finish playing because my Mac has some weird thing about interrogating all my drives when I start up or launch an app. If my drive has a CD in it, it takes forever to decide that's not the drive it's interested in. Thus, it takes longer to boot up or to launch an app. And frankly, all this handling of the disk makes me nervous sometimes. Quite apart from the danger of dropping and scratching it (HORRORS!), there is the more trivial but occasionally troublesome bother of getting fingerprints on it as well.

Michael