Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

McAuliffe - Ever going to see Stavelot?

Hey Eric. I absolutely love all the scenarios over on the Belgium CM page, but had looked forward to one in particular that you had been working on at one time which no longer appears to be even mentioned on the site: Stavelot. Have you just dropped this project or what? Hope not.

Hi Agua,

Thanks for the kind words.

I indeed dropped the scenario, as I could not get the map looking "right". Due to the limitiations of the editor, every attempt of creating a larger town with small climbing streets, doesn't give the satisfaction I hope for. Maybe with Tom's upcoming "town mod", I will give it another try.

Secondly, the gameplay is very poor, as the scenario is actually over once the bridges have been blown. I will send you the unfinished scenario, If you have good sources, you can make maybe a what-if scenario of it and I am willing to testplay.

Anyway, I am planning to make another section on my site with "unplayable senarios" :rolleyes: but of which, I think the maps are interesting.

Originally posted by McAuliffe:

Secondly, the gameplay is very poor, as the scenario is actually over once the bridges have been blown.

Ya, I'd wondered how you were going to deal with that. Anyway, send it over. I'll enjoy tooling around with the thing anyway.