CMBB Mod 'standards' or somesuch

I t might be worthwhile having a discussion along these lines. A lot of it's a matter of taste & style, & I really wouldn't be for 'rules' or 'standards', but maybe talking it over will yield some useful stuff. With about 2.4 gazillion things to Mod in CMBB ...

I'll throw out a couple of things that I've thought about since I started becoming a Mod Ahteest.

A Big General Concept: How black is 'Black'? Some people use very dark darks (&/or very light lights) for a dramatic, contrasty look. Others keep their ranges closer for a more subdued, naturalish look. You find that sometimes two Mods that look really good by themselves make each other look a little funny.

A piddly little aggravation: What color are Hands? We have 'normal' & 'subdued' Terrain. We have 'normal' & 'subdued' Faces. We have Uniforms, period. They come with Hands. On the Unis I really like, they seem to be whatever color makes the Faces I have loaded look funny.

I can make up some more stuff later if this topic seems interesting to y'all.

Strt

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

A Big General Concept: How black is 'Black'? Some people use very dark darks (&/or very light lights) for a dramatic, contrasty look. Others keep their ranges closer for a more subdued, naturalish look. You find that sometimes two Mods that look really good by themselves make each other look a little funny.

A piddly little aggravation: What color are Hands? We have 'normal' & 'subdued' Terrain. We have 'normal' & 'subdued' Faces. We have Uniforms, period. They come with Hands. On the Unis I really like, they seem to be whatever color makes the Faces I have loaded look funny.

I can make up some more stuff later if this topic seems interesting to y'all.

Strt

yeah the separate hands thing is kinda annoying. plus you can't drawfingers on them!

i like the natural subdued look myself.