Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Reinforcements

Hi everbody...I am a very new recruit to CM, and I have a little problem.

HOw do I get my reinforcements to come on where I want them to?

I ended up last noght with my shermans and M10 with 3 riffle platoons coming on in a corner as far away from where I wanted them to come on as you could get, and the following turn the Germans Tiger coming on behind them, next turn, 2 dead Shermans, 1 dead M10 and a Tiger on the loose.

Any one help.

Originally posted by big bad wolf:

I ended up last noght with my shermans and M10 with 3 riffle platoons coming on in a corner as far away from where I wanted them to come on as you could get, and the following turn the Germans Tiger coming on behind them, next turn, 2 dead Shermans, 1 dead M10 and a Tiger on the loose.

Any one help.

Thank you, may be I should break an old habit and study the manual more.

I once helped out with a table top war game a few years back, WWII scenario based on a real mission, (can't remember what, but some where inFrance), as we finished laying out the initial troop positions, a gentleman limped over, looked at the table and said 'thats me, or my boys', he had dropped (British paras) a few miles off the intended zone, broke his ankle on landing and with the rest of his men, walked some five miles to get where they should have been, via a german airfield!, the game was the following battle he had been in, and it was his Paras on the table.

Maybe I should leave my reinforcements where they are, more realistic heh!

Originally posted by big bad wolf:

Any one help.

Originally posted by -Havermeyer-:

Welcome and have fun. The only bad thing about reinforcements far from action are when lots of vehicles on a single road are involved...

The flip side to that is when reinforcements arrive too close. One of my biggest pet peeves is having a column of vehicles appear in LOS of the defender.

I played one such scenario where 4 groups appeared, one after the other, in the crosshairs of a 75mm PB. The only reason the fourth group escaped with minimal losses was due to the smoke of the burning vehicles from the first three groups. :mad:

Originally posted by Kingfish:

The flip side to that is when reinforcements arrive too close. One of my biggest pet peeves is having a column of vehicles appear in LOS of the defender.

I agree, that's a big problem. If the map is small enough that it's hard to guarantee the enemy is unlikely to have LOS to the entry area, the entry area should at LEAST be screened by a hill or trees or something.