Lazy german Panzers in Jaegermeister

I'm quite a bit disappointed by the comportment of the german tanks in Jaegermeister, when I'm playing the russian side. I realized they are just sitting back in the rear area, aligned as in the editor default setup, unable to see anything from there (i surrendered to see where they sat). They're just letting my troops slaughter the german infantery without moving at all !!

I chose the "default settings" for the computer set up, but god, that allows them to move to hunt my armor !! but they don't !!

---*******SPOILERS****----

Here's the picture of these lazy bastards : lazy.jpg

To see it by yourself, download the game file (macintosh-format) : Lazy bastards saved game

game was saved at turn 6, i made my men run towards the german positions, in order for the german to clearly see where the russians are. i could have shown turn 15 or 25, it's just the same, the panthers don't move...

Any idea?...

Well if I launch the game with "free to place" setup, the AI puts the Panthers in the woods behind the graveyard, a far more judicious place.

But I tried to launch several times the game from the start, with "default setup" for the AI, and it always leave his panthers back...

Originally posted by Sigurd:

Well if I launch the game with "free to place" setup, the AI puts the Panthers in the woods behind the graveyard, a far more judicious place.

But I tried to launch several times the game from the start, with "default setup" for the AI, and it always leave his panthers back...

I have to say, that seems pretty strange to me. I played the scenario at least 2 times (possibly 3) and had no problems with troops not rearing their ugly heads smile.gif

Just a thought about the Panther's behind the church. That's actually not that great of a place for the Panthers to be. Since CMBB models optics, you want Panthers, Tigers and other AFVs with better than standard optics to be further away. That way they should have a much higher chance of hitting than their counterparts.

I agree with you Cameroon, it's not the best place to take advantage of the long range superiority of the panther. I was just meaning it was better than nothing (sitting in the back)

But i'm still having the same problem. Could you (or anyone else) just send me a saved game, where you chose the allied side, default setup, and save it at turn 1, after the setup, but before the first order turn ? It would help, I hope, having willing-to-fight panthers...

Otherwise without the german armor, it's too easy...

Thanks !

I played this scenario with the default setup and me playing the Commies. The big cats blew the heck out of my guys and the Nazi won a total victory. My JS IIs were ineffective and reminded me of a covey of Brit Shermies trying to break through from the beach!! (Operation Goodwood.) A3