The Newbie Tournaments III

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More results from the Newbie Rejects:

Silvio Manuel (British) defeated F1shlips (German) by a score of 52-41 in Crash Landing.

So, Silvio Manuel wins Round 3 with an overall score of 102-66 and advances to the Newbie Rejects Final!

Congratulations to Silvio Manuel!

More results from the GV Newbies:

Bad Monkey! (German) defeated Jim Liang (Canadian) by a score of 42-30 in The Long and Short of It. This was not enough for Bad Monkey! to overtake Jim Liang's lead from the first leg of Round 1.

So, Jim Liang wins Round 3 with an overall score of 109-63 and advances to the GV Newbies Final!

Congratulations to Jim Liang!

I am extending the deadline for Round 3 until May 23. Over the last few weeks, I have been buried in multiple projects and have not been able to dedicate the time needed to scenario design. So, instead of rushing to make the deadline, I have decided to extend it. It's good to be the king... :D

White4 and I are in the final minutes (throes*?) of L&S and CL. And by golly it is nail-biting gut-wrenching heart-stopping stuff. I can hardly bear to watch the movies when they arrive - I need an assistant to review them first and cushion the blows with well-chosen euphemisms and plenty of TLC...

* A violent spasm experienced especially during childbirth or before death...

Update: Walker and I have beaten each others forces to a bloody pulp. Most of the fighting has degenerated to pounding your enemy with the arm he just shot off of you. These two battles will be decided by 1-2 points, TOTAL.

Urk.. :D

Originally posted by White4:

Update: Walker and I have beaten each others forces to a bloody pulp. Most of the fighting has degenerated to pounding your enemy with the arm he just shot off of you. These two battles will be decided by 1-2 points, TOTAL.

Urk.. :D

W4,

That's what I like to see. :cool:

Update: Walker has the final turn for the "Long and the Short."

Half the town is devestated, with fires raging through the woods. Artillery and DF HE has ranged accross the contested area, leaving the bulk of the troops cowering broken in craters. Dazed troopers search thier fallen comrades for more ammo and hope the hail of high explosives have ended.

Walker has promised half the Chocolate in Switzerland to my wife for her assistance in the accurate firing of his #*$(%($#@. Each time my $(%^#& were never able to return fire.

We have 2 turns left for Crash Landing. The key position has exchanged hands FIVE TIMES now. We are getting a lot of laughs watching our troops scurry around, passing each other in assaults on each others positions.

Currently the net total of scores is 9 points in Walker's favor. My hair lies in clumps around my monitor. The scotch is gone, the beer cans clutter the floor. I had taken up smoking halfway through this round, but had to quit because my hands are shaking so much. I have stolen the cat's Valium medication, to no avail. Only a two turns left, and WALKER IS OUT OF TOWN WITHOUT A COMPUTER...

Originally posted by White4:

...and WALKER IS OUT OF TOWN WITHOUT A COMPUTER...

I'm back and I'm gearing up to give my final orders to my fine Canadian troops, who have fought magnificently to recover that damn flag! So White4, just a few more minutes and we'll know whose colours are flying over the battlefield.

Mortar and I are in a similar situation; after a draw in L&S, we are now in the final couple of turns of "Crash Landing", and it looks like it will be close again.

Ironically, our game seems to be slowing down more as we get closer to the end; kind of like approaching the speed of light! Let's hope we will actually get here, unlike the above example. But, I'm rambling; too much stress from Crash Landing.

Originally posted by voidhawk:

I'm rambling; too much stress from Crash Landing.

Tell me about it...that's a rough one. f1shlips and I were sh^tting bricks at the 1st sight of the map. I was losing 58-36 around turn 15 and thought I was done for. He was chanting "its only a game, its only a game..." "I'm sweating...", etc. Damned long-range LOS was pissing me off in that one.

Update Crash Landing

White4 v Walker

With one move each remaining, the troops on both sides are low on everything - ammo, morale, you name it. The battlefield is littered with eliminated squads and HQs, panicked units are desperately seeking better cover. My nerves are shot to pieces, as I imagine the opposing commander's are too. As soon as this epic battle with White4 is over I'm booking myself into a rest home for a week's r&r.