Man Bites Dog!

JimF

In playing a PBEM game as the Allies I think I achieved a first. In the dark of a rainy night, my engineers occupied several stone houses, the central one having a flag. I have stood up to several German assaults driving them away with enormous casualties as they ate flame from my 3 flamethrowers.

On the latest attack, 2 Germans got into the main house which contained some 36 Engineers. The Fool Next Door turned his flamethrower on my house, driving all the Allied men out, leaving the Germans in control.

Has anyone seen anything this dumb before?

Oh yes. Flamethrowers aren't exactly a precision weapon and your soldiers are daft enough to try it. I have lost halftracks and infantry to overzealous flaming, most commonly from a Wasp or Badger.

The only solution is to order your flamethrower units to burn each other to death within the first turn of the game ;)

Thanks JimF I am sitting here at work bored to tears when I read your post. I got a good laugh out of it. I don't mean what happened to you although you have to admit it's kind of funny but the way you described it. Thanks for the laugh. Sorry about your guys. :(