Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Waffen SS uniforms and Unit Portraits

Just took a walk through the Kharkov Zoo - I must say, the SS smocks and helmet covers are extremely well done in the stock art! Terrific attention to detail, and the colours look great.

I notice the unit portrait is in Wehrmacht uniform, though - with the duplication of these bmps, as well as the Soviet ones, I am concluding here that many unit portraits will be released in the first patch (to include Waffen SS and late war Soviet) - I take it this has already been confirmed?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

[QB]Just took a walk through the Kharkov Zoo - I must say, the SS smocks and helmet covers are extremely well done in the stock art! Terrific attention to detail, and the colours look great.[QB]

Glad you like it Michael smile.gif

Btw, those smocks and helmet coers aren't the only ones in the game. There are a total of 6 Waffen SS smocks in different camouflage patterns. Look at the Waffen-SS Infantry, Panzergrenadier and Mountain units at different dates ;)

I don't know if the unit portraits are going to be patched. I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

[ September 26, 2002, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Fernando ]

Unfortunately there are no plans currently to re-do those images in a patch, at least not the first one that I am aware of. Every time we have looked at how best to re-do the unit portraits the time and effort to do them all is simply not available to us.

We first wanted to use color pics, like what we did in CMBO. After a lot of time was spent we found that we simply could not get good pics of all the units required.

Then we looked to use re-enactors, but again we could not find enough source material.

We then toyed with using in game screenshots, but the time to do it was simply not there and the results were sometimes a mixed bag.

The current implementation was the best we could do with the resources and time we had.

However, they are fully modable. Any takers? ;)

Madmatt