morale affects ?

Good question. I don't know the answer, but I have seen comments on the board from players indicating that there is some sort of effect.

There is "global morale", but I don't know how that is calculated, other than the obvious things like casualties, overall morale of each individual unit, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xerxes:

and what drives global morale?

Losses?

VL capturing?

Weather?

Wacking the other guy good?

It'd be good to know.

- xerxes<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

from what ive been able to observe the two biggest factors that effect the global morale are:

loses: once you past 50% losses, i almost feel like my ground pounders are near worthless. when you get to that point, leaders with morale bonus' become priceless (hopefully the OPFOR losses are equal with yours, so you wont be so overwhelmed). its not that they will always break when youve taken a lot of losses, but the chances are MUCH greater, especially with conscript/green/regular troops. also, when he has more losses, ofcourse you men get a little happier! nothing would make me happier that watching our local sherman brew up a panther!!

VL held: when i hold all (or almost all, 60% victory +), it seems that my electronic troops can take a harder beating a continue to fight. when i have lost a great deal of ground, everything seems to fall apart when morale gets low.

whether weather has an effect on it or not, im not entirely sure. i would assume that heavy fog/fog would have a degrading effect on low GLOBAL morale. does anyone else have a wiser word on that?

I must say I've not noticed any effect myself during game play, except for the effect of 'global morale'.

I'm trying to get a friend into CM but he is a die hard 'tabletop' wargammer and keeps throwing up all these questions, interesting though they are.

Thanks guy's.

-------------------------------------

"they got guns, we got guns, all God's children got guuuns"

The Marx Brothers

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Warmaker:

But hey, those greenies sure can absorb MG fire for my heavy hitters!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and their half squads are the best at setting of those pesky ambushs!!! thats what you get for going to be battlefield before training right?