Which side should I play??

Guest Scott Clinton

Guest Scott Clinton

I was going to start the "Ardennes--Team DeSobry" operation, but after reading the overview screen (main one) I could not decide which side to play... Which would be the most challenging.

Then it occured to me this would make a good topic.

FOR THE SCENARIOS YOU HAVE PLAYED WHICH SIDE DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR THE PLAYER?

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

For me I recommend:

Ham&Jam British

Aachen US

Chance Encounter US

Drop to Destiny US

Fear In the Fog US

First Clast at Cambes British (this one is great btw!!)

Last Defense German

Carentan Operation German??

Villers-Bocage German

(someone don't forget to tell me who to play in Team Desobry! smile.gif )

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 07-14-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

Lets keep'em coming guys! smile.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Generally, the AI is more adept when on defense. So, to make it more challenging the first time I play a scenario I usually take the attacker. My suggestions then are for the virgin game. Usually it's easier to attack once you've defended.

Wiltz - Germans (though I think Americans might have it harder)

St. Anne's Chappelle - Germans (got my butt whipped in that one - highly recommend it).

Elsdorf - Americans, definitely

Sherbrooke Fusiliers - Definitely play the canadians

Aachen - I played the Germans my first time, but would recommend the Americans as a first go at it

Grosshau Ridge - Americans

Midnight Madness (a WBW special) - Just started, but I'm playing the Germans and have already been surprised. I'd recommend them but Wild Bill may have a different opinion.

That's it for now.

oops, forgot Bruyeres - I played the Germans but completely missed a whole group of my guys in the black setup zone given that it was a night scenario. So that made it very difficult. I wound up with a draw. Try that for a challenge smile.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott

[This message has been edited by Juardis (edited 07-19-2000).]

If you want to practice your aggresive defense and ambushing ability....

Drive To Mortain as the Germans

suggest +25% forces and +1 skill for the US AI.

The AI Americans do quite a nice job with what is a complicated, nerve-wracking attack. But it's probably more fun to try and spoil it. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Peterk (edited 07-21-2000).]

Stefan and I currently believe that if you are the Germans, and you are buying your units with points, you will get more bang for your buck than if you are playing the Allies.

So if you are going to play a quick battle where you get to pick your own units, pick the Germans.

eek.gif

I know this is inevitable, in Star Fleet Battles people kept complaining that "their" race was at a disadvantage... And the game designers never managed to convince people otherwise. smile.gif