EFOW question

In running through the Citadel scenario (nice, BTW) as the Sovs, at one point I clicked on a German tank and was rewarded by the information that it was bogged. This was presented on that part of the toolbar that normally shows what terrain the unit is on (like that, BTW). My question is, should that be information revealed to the enemy, especially with EFOW on? I didn't have any units within 200 meters at the time and the closest one was moving and didn't have a continuous LOS. Anyone from BTS care to enlarge on this?

:confused:

Michael

Spotting a bogged vehicle from 200m is not impossible in the scenario. In real life a bogged beasty does all sorts of things which are externally visible. Depending upon the training and morale of the crew some members might even get out and start a external examination. I'd say though with EFOW that the probabilities of observing the "bogged" state should be greatly reduced.

Cheers

MRD

Originally posted by Claymore:

Spotting a bogged vehicle from 200m is not impossible in the scenario.

I would agree with you that in certain circumstances that could be. But as I say, there was only one unit within a kilometer of the tank, and he was moving through hummocks and rises and was in no position to study the tanks behavior. He also never got closer than about 250 meters. I don't know, seems kind of unlikely to me, but maybe its one of those borderline cases that made the cut. It'll be interesting to see if this comes up again.

Michael