backup copy

hi,my computer crashed and my husband spent about two months restoring his mods.needless to say i need to make a copy of my cmbo folder in case of emergency.i have cd creator and i possess 700mb cd-r discs.however file is huge and i cannot even fit bmps on one disc.can anyone tell me how to write the discs so i have a full backup-in basic language please.rachel

I'm not familiar with cd creator (being a Mac person), but the general approach you will need to take will be somethling like this, assuming that the size of the full install will fit on two CDs (about 640-680 MB each). Otherwise it should be obvious how to extend the instructions:

I will also assume that you have enough disk space to make a full copy of the software.

1. Create Two folders to hold the files to backup.

2. Copy all of the files into the first folder. That will make the folder too big to fit on a single CD.

3. Create a new data folder to hold the bmp files in the second folder.

4. Move bmp files out of the first folder and into the second until the first folder gets to be small enough to fit on a CD.

5. If the second folder is still too big to fit on a CD, just split it again.

6. When all the folders are small enough to fit onto individual CDs, then you just burn the folders onto the CDs.

Easiest way to do it is zip the entire folder using winzip or rar it using winrar(better compression). Bitmaps and .WAV files compress very nicely, so it will come down to a more managable 500mbs or so. Then burn the zipped file to the disc.

WWB