Mac OS9/9.1 font question

JoeCz

I just discovered this game and downloaded the demo. It plays great, despite the small glitch that I'm having.

On my home computer (G4, OS9) there is no text in the unit status items and other displays (including the pop-up dialog boxes, like "are you sure you want to quit?")

At first I didn't pay much attention, figuring it didn't matter that much for the demo. Then I downloaded the demo at work (G4, OS9.1) and I see all the text. Now I know when I'm running out of ammo, morale and victory levels, etc.

Do I need to upgrade to MacOS9.1 at home, or is this not an OS problem but maybe a font issue--are particular fonts required for correct display?

I just want to be sure I can display the game completely before i order the full version.

Joe

Your G4 probably has an ATI Rage 128 Pro video chip and the ATI drivers for this chip have a problem with the Unit Info boxes (white text on black background). Strangely, an update to the OpenGL extension (to 1.2.1) should fix this problem. You can get this extension by downloading the CM patch 1.12, available here:

Battlefront FTP server (download the CM112.SIT.BIN file):

ftp://www.battlefront.com/pub/patches/

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]