Commando Skorzeny

I recently played the "Commando Skorzeny" and "David&Goliath" scenarios.

Both were created by Clubfoot (and can be found at http://combathq.thegamers.net/depot.html

The scenarios are about Sturmbannführer Skorzeny and his elite troops. This is the guy who liberated Mussolini from the Campo Imperator hotel, where the Italian Dictator was held.

These two scenarios show, that commando type missions are possible with CM.

Concentrating on just a handful of units (all elite, to be sure) gives the gameplay that flavor you would expect from this kind of commando operations.

Small, tense and exiting, elaborated maps ... a great job by Clubfoot!

If you are in commando style actions, download them and enjoy.

Fred

------------------

"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind of us!" - PFC Hudson on LV-426 mission

Guest Rommel22

I played one of the scnerios myself, very nice.

If forgot the name, but your mission was ti take out the american 105's. I got a major victory. I first shelled the town with, haha 8 shells of 240mm artillery. One of the shells must of hit a vehicle because when the shell hit there were 2 explosions and than smoke coming out of nowhere. In open ground. Must of hit something. Great!

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

• 4 weeks later...

Thanx a lot for the kind word's fellas.

If anyone else liked these missions (Der Commando Skorzeny, David&Goliath, & Hoofin'

it), just reply here and I'll be glad to whip

up a few more. Please note that these scenarios will not be to everyone's liking.

They are very small in scale and you are

given a VERY finite amount of men and resources to work with. If executed properly,

you will find yourself with a major if not

total victory in most cases. If the commandos

are used as infantry units however, it'll be your ass. Anyway, thanx again fellas.

Clubfoot.

Nicely done, Clubfoot. I designed a commando scenario also, Bruneval, 1942 when Major John Frost and his lads raided the radar installation on the French coast.

This one is also the CMHQ Scenario Depot.

As Fred has said, they can be done, complete with exit from the battle.

I'm delighted to see you have done these and will pick them up right away.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 11-16-2000).]

They were great fun. A nice break from the typical scenarios. Keep 'em coming.

One odd thing, when David & Goliath ended, I had destroyed every tank, and had los to the entire road, so I don't think there could have been any more, but, despite a total victory for the Germans, the Brits showed something like 43 men ok. By the way, I had wiped out all the bailed crews. I'm curious if there was a reinforcement group that never made its percentage to appear roll, or what?

About the 43 missing Tommies. In the convoy are several troop transport trucks filled with British infantry. These have an aggravating and yet oddly realistic penchant

for pulling over and bailing out their troop

complement into the woods when the ambush is

sprung. They may even reverse toward the edge of the map before doing so. A concentrated push up one side or the other of the northern most straight-away (through

the treeline, of course) will often result in the less experienced (and bereft of morale)British soldiers fleeing across the road to the other treeline. At that point it is a turkey-shoot for Otto and the boys. Enjoy (and thanks a bunch for the feedback).

Clubfoot.