Polish order of battle

I've found some references to Polish OOBs including 1939. Does anyone have any good references they could share? I'm particularly interested in any indications that the Poles in '44 & '45 used any non-standard small arms (stens, etc.). Even more specifically in the battles of Monte Cassino and the Falaise Pocket.

-marc s

Here's a very useful site, has detailed TO&E's for slavic nations. Has the TO&E for the Polish 10th motorized in 1939! (ok, well I was thrilled to find that).

http://www.geocities.com/kumbayaaa/index.html

My problem is, well it's not a big one, the Polish '39 army is not equiped with British support weapons for the most part. They use an 81mm mortar, arty is 75's and 100's. The Combat mission world site has a '39 polish conversion but it doesn't mod up the americans as Polish. For the onboard mortar the americans work well, but the Ami arty is too responsive to be used for Polish. For now, I'm planning on using the 25'lber and the 4.2" to simulate Polish arty even though this isn't quite right.

Question: Could I just substitute the BMPs of the Polish 2" for the ami 81mm?

Combat Mission World:

http://www.wargamer.com/cm/cmworld/defaultflash.asp

-marc s

Originally posted by xerxes:

Question: Could I just substitute the BMPs of the Polish 2" for the ami 81mm?

I'm don't know squat about mods, but I don't think so. The american mortar is much taller and wider, so I don't think the BMP's would match up. I could be wrong though.

Regards,

Ryan

I could, but the Poles used an 81mm mortar and I'm a little obsessed with being as accurate as possible.

The Poles in '39 mainly faced PzIs and PzIIs (and in the scenario I'm designing it's obviously all PzIIs). CM doesn't contain the Boys ATR. Given the effective range of the Boys against PzIIs was about 200m, I'm think of using PIATs to represent the Boys. Going without the Boys seems very wrong, and the PIAT performance against this class of tank is it at ball park similar to the Boys. Of course, immobilizations were common with the Boys and not the PIAT.

Thoughts? I was also considering increasing the PIAT loadout to 9.

Thoughts?

-marc s