CMBO Install Problems

I just purchased CMBO both the download and the actual disk. When I get the game downloaded from battlefront.com I can't install it. I keep getting an error that tells me that there is a corrupt file. I can progress all the way through the install process by choosing to ignore the error. It keeps popping up repeatedly and I choose ignore until the install says it's complete. I can see CM files on my machine at this point but I am unable to get the game to launch. When I try to view the game manual it appears in code and I am unable to read it.

I would really like to start playing this game, any help from someone who may have experienced a similar problem would be greatly appreciated. If not I'll just have to wait for the CDs to come in the mail.

Thanks,

Spectre 130

I assume that you're running in Windows since you didn't specifically say so.

You may want to boot into Safe Mode (assuming you're running Windows 2000 or XP) and attempt the install there to see if this helps things. You'll definitely need to disable your anti-virus or possible firewall/security software to make sure that nothing is interfering with the install.

There is also the definite possibility that the file is corrupted. I'm not sure if you can get another chance at downloading the file, but if you can, then I'd suggest doing that too. You may want to turn off your anti-virus/security software during the download session too, just to make sure that the file isn't somehow getting corrupted in the download by the software (a rare issue, but it is possible).