Will CMBB Properly Model the Peng Challenge Thread?

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I would never sully the board by mentioning that name in here, it is somehow dirty.

However I will point out that you are a sod if it makes you feel better.

It's hard to believe 'Brian' is an Australian. I mean, Simon Fox is opinionated and extremely sarcastic, but he has a sense of humour.

As far as I can tell, 'Brian' has no sense of humour whatsoever.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellow Cess Poolers, as the esteemed Dalem said, he is indeed a weiner. Now we get to hear that poor criminals are mentally impaired and only get shot when they call the "bluff" of police.

Comments?

It's a fun thread though, the inimitable Brian notwithstanding.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

It's hard to believe 'Brian' is an Australian. I mean, Simon Fox is opinionated and extremely sarcastic, but he has a sense of humour.

As far as *I* can tell, Brian has has no functioning sensory apparatus whatsoever.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

As far as *I* can tell, Brian has has no functioning sensory apparatus whatsoever.</font>

Seanachai, Seanachai, Seanachai.

Hearken!

A thought has been sizzling in my grey matter as of late. We have never duelled, you and I. I have been beaten by He Who Was (And May Be Again) Peng, may his codpiece ever tighten uncomfortably, and have trounced The Horned One so many times that it's not even really fun anymore. You however, have so far escaped my concern.

Is it fear on my part? Fear of losing? Fear of winning? Fear of having to exchange regular emails with a prancing coffee house journal scriber such as yourself?

Is it pride? Is it disgust? Is it pity? Or is it merely the fact that I never bothered? That I never thought you worth the effort?

Whatever the facts, whatever the fantasy, the time has come to address this. Know now that I wish to meet you on the CM field of battle. I make no claim to any parameters except that it not be snow. We hates snow, we hates it forever!

I seek to detroy you. To ruin you. To drag your lifeless corpse by the heels from my chariot around the Pool until... until... well, until I get tired of that part, anyway. I will hammer you so far into the ground that wells will spoil for miles around.

I will persiflage you.

What say you?

It would, I suppose, come to this someday. The Dalem, the only breed of earless dog, would rise up on its hind paws, and yap at me in what it probably imagines is a menacing way.

Dalem, I find no reason to deny you a game. Well, other than your execrable misuse of the term 'persiflage'.

Still, you have become a Landsmann, and have haunted these depths for some time now.

So I shall grant you the blessing of having played all of the Olde Ones.

I hope by my actions to redeem our august personages from your boastful and disrespectul posturing.

You may send me a setup, worm. I agree to no snow (since you are only a Minnesotan by recent adoption, you are too weak to survive in such a combat environment). Not more than 1500 points, and try not to do yourself too much discredit by rigging, deceit, and shameless loading.

As Croda has taken your ears, so I shall take your tail, hound, and amuse myself by wagging it before your nose whenever you direct your whining my way.

[ February 02, 2002, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

This is because they have been accidently lodged in his back side since an unfortunate accident in his youth.

If he gets that thread locked down (as I suspect he will try to do) I'll be disappointed. It's educational.

AHEM.

(to the tune of Falco's Rock Me Amadeus)

Seanachai Seanachai... Seanachai

Seanachai Seanachai... S - S - S - Seanachai

...lots of German stuff here...

Seanachai Seanachai... S - S - S - Seanachai

--that's all I have so far.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Slapdragon:

This is because they have been accidently lodged in his back side since an unfortunate accident in his youth.

If he gets that thread locked down (as I suspect he will try to do) I'll be disappointed. It's educational.

</font>

Originally posted by Croda:

They are primarily beasts of burden as they haven't the intellect to stand upright or use water properly. Nor have they mastered the idea of the opposable thumb. But in the end they are loveable and devoted pets who don't normally scream too loudly when we feed them to the sharp-toothed animals.

Ah, strong words. Not particularly intelligent, but in many circles they'd be regarded as 'fighting words'.

But, let me see...yes, I did have a game with Croda. I remember it as 'Croda Hill', in which the Swineherd attempted to defend a prominent elevation with two of every type of German Tank (short of King or Jagd Tigers). And, as I remember, in the late stages of the game, when most of his armour was abandoned, knocked out, in flames, and what infantry he had was cowering hundreds of meters from their original positions...he went off to play twitch games and perform some sort of 'religious retreat' from Combat Mission.

Or, perhaps, he was on a religious retreat from being beaten like a snare drum.

I believe, if it will not bring back memories painful enough to once again send him into catatonic retreat from playing CM, that I still have that game.

Croda, esteemed Swineherd, should I send you the last turn I have from the game that you scampered away from, unfinished, with your hands over your ears chanting 'la-la-la I can win playing First Person Shooters, and I really am still a man'?

For this 'beast of burden' it would bring a certain sense of 'closure' to that chapter of...er, 'cowardly abandonment'.

Slapdragon, Dalem attend:

Which 'Brian' thread, you two sniggering halfwits? Perhaps the rest of us might check into?

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001988

He doesn't really show up until page 3 or so (once it gets onto the topic of private gun ownership) and doesn't have a lot of posts, but then a little Brian goes a long way.

Originally posted by Croda:

Minnesotans.

They are primarily beasts of burden as they haven't the intellect to stand upright or use water properly. Nor have they mastered the idea of the opposable thumb. But in the end they are loveable and devoted pets who don't normally scream too loudly when we feed them to the sharp-toothed animals.

Haven't the intellect to stand upright or pass water? Beasts of burden? Does it rain a lot? Are they all miserable? hmmmmm, I fancy a holiday. Just getting a feel for the place... just make a note: remember to bring me buckets and stand upwind.

Idjit Yeknod

[ February 02, 2002, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Is a better starting point, although you do get to hear from his toadies from time to time also.

Never mind, I found it on my own. All I had to do was look for a thread where you and Dalem where doing an Abbot and Costello routine while juggling weapons that I wouldn't allow either of you to view in a display case at an historical museum, let alone own.

I posted my own thoughts. And while I imagine I'd disagree with you and Dalem on many, many points, I found your 'opponent's' posts to be arrogant, abusive, and ill-considered.

On the other hand, as you two Hardy Boys were posting responses to him in a restrained, but chortling 'Peng Challenge Thread' style, its no wonder that he was beginning to froth a bit at the mouth in frustration.

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Minnesotans.

Haven't the intellect to stand upright or pass water? Beasts of burden? Does it rain a lot? Are they all miserable? hmmmmm, I fancy a holiday. Just getting a feel for the place... just make a note: remember to bring me buckets and stand upwind.

Idjit Yeknod

Be quiet!

You haven't been here long enough to discuss Minnesotans. Go stand over there, in the dusty part of your paddock, and contemplate where 'glue' comes from.

Originally posted by Lawyer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

No, not quite right. It's Idjit Yeknod not Yeknod Idjit...

Idjit Yeknod

How about just plain Boy Idjit? I think we all will recognize your clever wit and lifestyle choice with that monicker.</font>

Idjit the Magnificent, The Terror Idjit, Idjit N. Dumb... ho, hum, no just not me... Boy Idjit? Well the boy "bit" is missing, removed, departed, gone...

Idjit Yeknod

Sounds of a braying ass

WHAT THE HELL?! WASN'T I JUST AFTER COMMENTING ON HOW PEACEFUL IT WAS HERE! SHUT YER HAY HOLE, YEKNOD, AS I WAS ABOUT TO ATTEMPT TO ACHIEVE THAT LOVELY, ECHOING QUALITY OF A PEACEFUL SING-SONG IN THE ALL BUT EMPTY THREAD!

Bloody hell.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Minnesotans.

Idjit Yeknod

Be quiet!

You haven't been here long enough to discuss Minnesotans. Go stand over there, in the dusty part of your paddock, and contemplate where 'glue' comes from.</font>

And so we've had, another night

of poetry and poses

and each man knows

he'll be alone

when the sacred gin mill closes

and so we'll drink, the final glass

each to his joy, or sorrow

and hope the numbing

drunk will last

until opening tomorrow

and then we'll stagger, back again

like paralytic dancers

each knows the questions

he will ask

and each man knows the answers...

If I went to Minnesota, could drop in to see nice Uncle Seanachai and watch him knit as he takes the Minnesotan stance... standing up... oh, better not... over there? I shall retire to me toilet...

Idjit Yeknod

FREAKING HELL, ARE YOU AT IT AGAIN?!! QUIET, BY GOD, QUIET!

Christ on a defective crutch...where was I at...

...and so we'll drink, the final drink

that cuts the brain in sections

where answers never signify

and there aren't any questions

I broke my heart, the other day

it will mend again, tomorrow

if I'd been drunk

when I was born

I'd be ignorant of sorrow

and so we'll drink, the final toast

that never can be spoken

here's to the heart

that's wise enough

to know when it's better off broken...

That was horrible, simply bloody horrible. Man comes in here to have a mournful, thoughtful sing-song, singing a fine old Dave Van Ronk tune, and some Limey mule natters on through half the song. Just bloody horrible.

[ February 02, 2002, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Yer mean just YOU and ME, together, alone? Seanachai may I share me feelings mano-a-burro... yer know, being like I am, knackered, I get me strange twinges... and did I ever say that me twinges move me, Seanachai move in ways that make feel closer to yer... Seanachai... and, and... dearest Seanachai me estimation of yer and the woodchipper is, well, exciting (wink)... Seanachai... oh, gawd, oh bleedin 'ell, I can't help meself.

Idjit Yeknod

And so we've had, another night

of poetry and poses

and each man knows

he'll be alone

when the sacred gin mill closes

and so we'll drink, the final glass

each to his joy, or sorrow

and hope the numbing

drunk will last

until opening tomorrow

and then we'll stagger, back again

like paralytic dancers

each knows the questions

he will ask

and each man knows the answers...

If I went to Minnesota, could drop in to see nice Uncle Seanachai and watch him knit as he takes the Minnesotan stance... standing up... oh, better not... over there? I shall retire to me toilet...

Idjit Yeknod

FREAKING HELL, ARE YOU AT IT AGAIN?!! QUIET, BY GOD, QUIET!

Christ on a defective crutch...where was I at...

...and so we'll drink, the final drink

that cuts the brain in sections

where answers never signify

and there aren't any questions

I broke my heart, the other day

it will mend again, tomorrow

if I'd been drunk

when I was born

I'd be ignorant of sorrow

and so we'll drink, the final toast

that never can be spoken

here's to the heart

that's wise enough

to know when it's better off broken...

Oh, Seanachai, yer have the same feelings for me? Awwwwww, thank you, yer know, when I first stumbled in here, me heart went all a flutter... and I heard little wedding bells in me lobes... can yer knit me something, as a token of our... ahem, shared longings? No, no, I shall offer me own verse...

Idjit Yeknod

Yer mean just YOU and ME, together, alone? Seanachai may I share me feelings mano-a-burro... yer know, being like I am, knackered, I get me strange twinges... and did I ever say that me twinges move me, Seanachai move in ways that make feel closer to yer... Seanachai... and, and... dearest Seanachai me estimation of yer and the woodchipper is, well, exciting (wink)... Seanachai... oh, gawd, oh bleedin 'ell, I can't help meself.

Idjit Yeknod

THAT'S IT, BY GOD, I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Persephone, Goddess, please return his nadgers to him, as this Yeknod creature is clearly a donkey on the edge.

I'm for bed – YOU, YEKNOD, THAT'S NO CUE FOR YOU, YOU CONFLICTED CREATURE! YOU STAY THERE WHERE I CAN SEE YOU! – and tomorrow will be a better day. Or at least, another day.

A man does his best, brings song and story to a lot of benighted toads, opens a whole world of mythology and magic to halfwits who think knock-knock jokes are the height of sodding humour, and what's he get? Followed around and nattered at by some sort of smitten mule whose dangly bits are in the keeping of the Queen of the Underworld...I just don't know what the 'Pool is coming to, I really don't. Time was when one of the Olde Ones could wander out into the Wasteland, have a bit of a song, and not have to deal with this sort of thing. Bugger, I'm knackered. Me for bed.

THAT'S IT, BY GOD, I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

Persephone, Goddess, please return his nadgers to him, as this Yeknod creature is clearly a donkey on the edge.

....and not have to deal with this sort of thing. Bugger, I'm knackered. Me for bed.

Knackered, too? Accident with the woodchipper? Close encounter of the veterinary kind? Seanachai... I know how it feels, I really do, awful, just awful... look, there's nothing to be ashamed of - we'll form an encounter group to discuss in an open and frank way our toils and troubles... share ways to deal with twinges yes, do a spot of bonding. GA - Gonads Annoymous.... first meeting, Paddock 10:30 for 11:00. Bring yer own thistles.

Idjit Yenkod

[ February 02, 2002, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

we'll form an encounter group to discuss in an open and frank way our toils and troubles... share ways to deal with twinges yes, do a spot of bonding. GA - Gonads Annoymous.... first meeting, Paddock 10:30 for 11:00. Bring yer own thistles.

Idjit Yenkod

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!