Just wanted to say this product: E-Dimensional Glasses, rock while playing Combat Mission. Talk about seeing the map the way a bird does. Half the time, the vehicles I'm veiwing, are sticking their ass end OUT of my screen, while the other half is occupied by moving my head to dodge incoming fire, and marvelling at the great depth of the horizon- 5 stars while playing CM in Stereoscopic, as well, the topography is so easy to judge in 3D. The only downfalls with viewing this game in stereoscopic, is that the pointer is only 2D- thus making it hard to select units- however, during my planning phase, I toggle the glasses off in order to plot my moves, and then watch the Action Phase in 3D. Very cool!

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Suicides-by-Steve ]</p>

Okay- here's a review I posted for it...Mike Lewis' review. The general gist of the review states that most games work great with the product, while some don't work at all. Out of the 6 or so games I have played- 4 worked fabulously. In the single player demo of Medal of Honour... I found myself removing the targeting reticule in favour of intuitively running and gunning (point and shoot like you would in real life). Since the game is in 3D- there's no need for a reticule used mainly to target objects in a 2D world. The BAR looked awesome, and I don't know how long it is in real-life, but in the game it appeared to be around a metre or so (maybe more but the sniper rifle was REALLY long- not overly so, but it conveyed a feeling of cumbersomeness- neat indeed)... the effect was convincing, and I blasted Nazi after Nazi with it. Thief played GREAT, with clipping happening while close to walls, but no biggy. Combat mission was sweet- very convincing; a racing game called Rally Trophy, while having great 3D car effects, didn't seem to have a great amount of 3D detail in the background- however playing with the hotkeys may make some difference (and the replays were just like watching a rally race in life). A good- all around product- just make sure you pay for the cheaper $69 (US) version Wired pair. If you're a die hard gamer, the battery expense may build up. I would post pics and screenshots of my 3D forays into Combat Mission, but unfortunately, what good would that do...? All I can say though is getting into a hull down position has never been easier...

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Suicides-by-Steve ]

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Suicides-by-Steve ]</p>

Well, what you're saying doesn't sound like the product I'm using. The 3D effect for CM is AWESOME; as well, the interface is crystal clear on my end. It's like playing a tabletop game. Keep in mind that the effect varies from product to product. E-D glasses are "supposedly" top of the line, and it shows for most games. I can't speak for any other product you may have tried... I have heard though that some are worse than others.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Suicides-by-Steve ]</p>

Pillar- I do have something strange to report with these glasses. I brought them over to my friends last night, and two things occuried. 1- I had to use the adapter to hook the dongle up to the monitor, 2- There was a horrible flickering, where the glasses would stop "shuttering" between left and right, creating a near unplayable environment. OpFlash look nice though when it did work. This problem was so bad, that I thought my glasses had given up the ghost, but when I got back home, they work fine... Hmmm... Good luck, I hope you can find a pair that works.