Another strange battle.....

Two very strange things occurred through out the wee hours of this morning Sunday night battle.

Let me set the stage.

Random battle, TCP/IP game, 5000pts, Clear day, 60 turn max, dry weather, both I (allies) and my brother (axis) choose a VET fighter/bomber.

I decided not to purchase flack guns, unlike my German opposition, who had 3.

About turn 10, the planes came out to play. smile.gif

My fighter, even in the heat of flack, managed to easily take out about 4 pumas without a scratch.

The Germans were not so lucky...My brother fighter was free to fly anywhere, and had plenty of live targets to shoot at, including a Super Pershing that was sitting in the open area (aka: flat n grassy). Unfortunately I think the German pilot had too much to drink the night before, because he repeatedly shot and destroyer vehicles that had been previously destroyed by German Puma on turn 5. After successfully "re-killing" the smoking dead tanks, he turned his sights on a friendly Jagdtiger hiding in a maze of buildings, just missing it with a carpet of bombs....

This occurrence helped my forces out greatly but I still can't help feeling not fully satisfied with that kinda win.

My question is this: Why was the German plane attacking dead things?

On the other side of the battle, I managed to bogged out a Super Pershing in a scattered tree. Even after being immobilized, I managed to take out 2 Puma, 1 Stutt43 Assault Howitzer, 1 Jagdtiger, and 2 Panthers before a rocket team took me out...Is this really possible? I know the armor on a Pershing is sweet, but being able to defect like 20 or so direct shots? All of these German tanks were at a slightly higher elevation, and hidden in and around heavy buildings.

Any thoughts? :D

Originally posted by superpershingfan:

My question is this: Why was the German plane attacking dead things?

You try flying really low, really fast, hoping nobody puts the "golden BB" through your windscreen and pick out which vehicles in a bunch are knocked out and which are just playing dead. :D

Are you talking bullets or shells ? If you mean bullets than I don't doubt it as I would think the armor would be more then enough to stop them. Now if you meant shells then I'd say what caliber? Could be smaller stuff and that's very possible I'd think. If large shells you got lucky or the Pershing did anyway.

Super Pershings are mean beasts. They can roam a battlefield, inflicting terror into all German armor. The draw back is their ROF. A Mark IV gets three shots per one from a Super Pershing. But put the Super Slug into a hull down position and watch your opponent cry a river!!

The counter is a hull down Jadgtiger. Oh sweet mother of destruction!!!

Nevertheless, I do not like either since their ammo load out is pitiful. Plus one little gun hit (rather common vs. German AA guns) makes either of them monsters into a roaming MG Pillbox.